More lenient tag return policy

txhunter58

Long Time Member
This year if you state Covid as your reason, you can return your tag up to 15 days before the season starts and get a refund AND your points back

There was so much uncertainty when we applied. There still is. To add point restoration to the mix is a good and bold move by CPW. I applaud them.

Last edited:
Here is the actual link:

Good to know. The only issue with it, is dropping back to the next lower point pool. For the elk license I drew, turning it back would mean a 4-6 year wait for a guaranteed draw again. But hopefully it won't matter......I fully intend to use the license!

A young feller down the road got the call last year to go sheep hunting. Called a week before the season, and gave him a day to decide (only took him a minute).

Makes me wonder if I should carry the phone with me.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom