More of the woke, touchy-feely biologists at work!!

Blank

Long Time Member
They know with lions, there will be less need for deer hunters to control the deer populations. They are willing to accept the few people, all the pets and live stock that will be be killed.

Just look at how stupid the lion management is in California. California spends a bunch of $$$ to monitor and protect problem lions because they are "endangered" in a small part of the state. Then California pays guys with hounds $$ to kill about the same amount of mountain lions in the rest of the state that hunters in the past were paying to hunt.

Lions, Canadian wolves and grizzly bears are not endangered or even close to being endangered. The federal money that goes in monitoring and promoting these animals does provide a bunch of woke jobs. From what I understand there were more full time jobs than there were "Mexican wolves" in NM and AZ a few years ago. They would bring roadkill to the den, so the pups wouldn't starve to death because their Mexican wolf/dog hybrid parents were not competent hunters.

What’s standing in the way of gun control and confiscation is our “hunting heritage”. Nothing to hunt, no need for guns.

That nature would be returned to harmony and without need for human intervention is the utopian bonus.

Colorado now has 6 wolf pups and a breeding pair BUT we still are going to spend MUCHO DINERo to re-introduce them even if grey wolves were never here ! We have lost our collective minds ! There was a mountain lion under a deck in the Denver area a few days ago.

Screenshot_20210717-170535_Chrome.jpg

What’s standing in the way of gun control and confiscation is our “hunting heritage”. Nothing to hunt, no need for guns.

That nature would be returned to harmony and without need for human intervention is the utopian bonus.
Nobody will take your guns. Ammo? Probably. Powder, primers? Probably. Guns? No way. mtmuley

What's standing in the way of confiscation is, well, I can't mention it.

We are all being monitored by Karen and the tattle-tale gang...

Nobody will take your guns. Ammo? Probably. Powder, primers? Probably. Guns? No way. mtmuley
You’re probably right. They’ve already shown the cards anyway - they will tax and fee (can you say insurance?) us to the point people won’t think it worth the trouble to keep grandpa’s 270 in the closet.

You’re probably right. They’ve already shown the cards anyway - they will tax and fee (can you say insurance?) us to the point people won’t think it worth the trouble to keep grandpa’s 270 in the closet.
That is the only way it can happen. Do you see the US Government going door to door to confiscate weapons? No way in Hell. If you can't feed the weapon, then it is useless. For hunting or anything else. mtmuley

Wonder how black powder will work in my home molded 6.5 reloads.... Any you reloaders worked up a load yet?

Last edited:

Don't pay the tax. They can't tax you on a defined right.

Think there's actually an Amendment speaking to that even...

That is the only way it can happen. Do you see the US Government going door to door to confiscate weapons? No way in Hell. If you can't feed the weapon, then it is useless. For hunting or anything else. mtmuley
The problem the left will face with limiting ammunition is that many of us already have a lifetime supply. I have more than enough ammunition to practice and hunt for the next 50 years and still leave a thousands of rounds to leave my grandchildren. Ammo shortages will limit new shooter involvement but it will take at least another decade of the last years ammo shortage to have a real significant impact for gun controls purposes. There would still be just as many murders in Chicago in ten years because gun control doesn’t solve a social problem, it mostly only affects law abiding gu owners. Even if new guns and ammunition completely stopped being available tomorrow there would still be millions of guns with plenty of ammunition spread out across rule America 50 years from now.

Don't pay the tax. They can't tax you on a defined right.

Think there's actually an Amendment speaking to that even...
As we all know, the constitution (esp 2a) is under assault. I don’t expect to see it in my lifetime, but I predict it won’t stand as written forever.

Not what I want to happen, just being a realist.

The worst (best) thing to happen to the gun control movement in a while is these anarchist riots. Guns are being embraced again.

I like an America where I can walk around armed, but I don’t like one where I have to. That’s the problem.

I think I’m going to go google “cougars” and not worry about this stuff.

They already tax us for ATF items, Pittman Robertson and individual state sales tax.
Not all "ATF" items are codified into law. A sales tax is not a tax to exercise a right. It is a tax on the purchase of goods and services.

Pittman Robertson is a funnel to use those taxes from goods and services for wildlife. Not to exercise an absolute right to keep arms to ensure the security of a free state.

As we all know, the constitution (esp 2a) is under assault. I don’t expect to see it in my lifetime, but I predict it won’t stand as written forever.

Not what I want to happen, just being a realist.

It will only fall if we allow it. It will stand as written, and improved upon for the better, only if we take them to task and make them accountable, to whatever degree that entails.

It being changed to empower the fallacies of a few arrogant cronies is unacceptable.

That post is fake. It's a Facebook post, didn't come from Game and Fish or news media.
I see a Facebook post about once a month of mountain lions that are supposed to be near me The Aspen in the background usually makes me suspicious.
I know a lot of generally reputable people that say they have seen a mountain lion in these parts. I believe they think they have seen a lion but I don't believe they have seen one.

The photo in the original post dates back to 2012 and concerns a release in Washington (state).

Posted May 24, 2012

Cougar reluctant to leave cage in Wash. state​

Puff of pepper spray is needed to get animal to take to the woods near Arlington.

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

EVERETT, Wash. — Wildlife agents in Washington state were ready to release a captured cougar back into the wild, but it didn’t want to go.
They banged on the back of the cage, poked the cougar with a pole, and tried sliding the animal out by tilting the enclosure, but the young cougar wouldn’t budge.

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS​

15cd59259960910e100f6a7067002799.jpg

An approximately 2-year-old female cougar leaves a Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife trap northeast of Arlington, Wash., Wednesday, May 23, 2012. The cougar was trapped on Tuesday when it was spotted too close to an area populated by humans. After receiving a tag, Washington wildlife agents were ready to release a captured cougar back into the wild northeast of Arlington, but it didn't want to go. They banged on the back of the cage, poked the cougar with a pole and tilted the cage and tried to slide her out, but she wouldn't budge. The Daily Herald reports a puff of pepper spray finally drove the cougar into the woods. (AP Photo/The Daily Herald, Mark Mulligan) cougar trap mountain lion release tag fish and wildlife washington state department AP

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom