More sheep from Joebuck!

W

willyqbc

Here's a few more of Joebucks sheep pics. Damn those boys take some nice rams!
fc971fea.jpg

fc971fe9.jpg

Nice Rams, looks like you must have some good sheep hunting areas worked out!!! Do you backpack in to get to them? or do you hire a plane?

Thanks Matt

Joebuck: great pic's.....looks like it was a bit warm on the hunt. Thanks for showing them....... Allen Taylor......

man you boys take some nice rams...great job joebuck! Great scenery too...

SCott G.

The first ram was taken last September by my friend Dean Worrall on a fly in combo for sheep and elk. It was 11 1/2 years old and broomed off very heavy.
The second picture was taken by my dad of my uncle upon his return from his FIRST sheep hunt at the tender age of 68. He flew in solo to a tiny lake in the Rocky Mtn.Trench. His gear consisted of a Trapper Nelson pack, sleeping bag and a tarp for shelter. After sitting in the pouring rain for almost a week, he spotted four rams working their way across a ridge near camp. He grabbed his pack and started following. It took nearly all day but just before dark he got into range and using a large rock as a rest, shot the darkest ram.
My uncle suffered from chronic asthma and emphysema caused by years of smoking. In his rush to go after these rams he had forgotten his medication in camp and very nearly didn't make it back. He spent the rest of the hunt huddled under his little tarp waiting for the plane to arrive. When he got home the first thing he did was call my dad to get the only picture he could of that ram.
This is my favorite hunting story and my uncle was the reason I caught the sheep hunting bug. I think of him every time I pack an animal off a mountain. Especially when the sraps of my expensive pack start to dig in a little.

Nice rams, Joebuck, did you get those rams in the 2002 season? The one ram looks like you got him down in the willows. Was your hunt at the beginning of August or later. I know the rams are usually high at the beginning of the season, Aug, first. Last year the opening week in northern BC there was quite a snow storm, alot of guy were stuck in their tents for a couple of days. Shootstraight Ramchaser

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-03 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]Those pics are of old rams. We got one in 2002 because we toughed out the weather. The picture is on this site somewhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom