More State Parks opened for day use

RioHuntNutt

Just an FYI , more state parks and their lakes including the "bigs" are now open for day use. Navajo and the Butte....Santa Rosa here I come need to get some "slabs" caught because Im craving a fish fry...

Just an FYI , more state parks and their lakes including the "bigs" are now open for day use. Navajo and the Butte....Santa Rosa here I come need to get some "slabs" caught because Im craving a fish fry...
Fishing is a little slow. Still more fun than watching people driving all over town with masks on.

IMG_20200529_070414930.jpg

IMG_20200529_070359344.jpg

IMG_20200529_061730783.jpg

Last edited:
What does anyone think the odds of the house boat reservation I have on Navajo Lake for June 11th will go down?? They cannot tell me anything definitive yet. They really done understand what they are allowed to do at the Navajo Marina. Anyone else have any insight? Hope I didn't drag my boat home from Ute 6 hours for nothing.

What does anyone think the odds of the house boat reservation I have on Navajo Lake for June 11th will go down?? They cannot tell me anything definitive yet. They really done understand what they are allowed to do at the Navajo Marina. Anyone else have any insight? Hope I didn't drag my boat home from Ute 6 hours for nothing.
My best guess is you will not be sleeping on that house boat in June. State parks are opening for day use only and if that agency does not allow campers to recreate at on of the established sites (RVs and tent campers), that the Marina will not be allowed to host overnight camping on their house boats...But then again , so many rules scattered all over the place for different reasons that sometimes appear to make zero sence...

Did you make your reservation under Paul Lujan Grisham ? Bet that will work.....

Navajo main lake temp is 60 deg, back canyons too. Not sure how the crappie bite is, it's usually hot at 55 but slows down up around 60. As warm as it was early on, thinking they're done spawning...

Went out on Pueblo Reservoir, CO, Friday and Sat and it was jam packed! 45min wait to inspect and launch and by 1pm all entrances were blocked by Park Rangers due to capacity! 94deg out and water was awesome.

I've only used the camp ground at the lake never fished it, please let us know how the houseboat stay works out sounds like a cool quick get away , thanks...

House boat is a go. How do you catch fish at Navajo. Yes I unashamedly want all the secrets. On the bright side I won't fish it at least for another 2 years. First time there.

I always ask when I go to a new spot. Up here in the north the most common response is.... Ham n eggs.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom