Moriah Wilderness

califhuntn

I posted this in the "Mule Deer" section and didn't get much response. Can anyone provide any information on the wilderness area? I drew 114/115 archery a was planning on a high country hunt. I thought about going in from the west. Are there any water sources or do I need to bring my own? Thanks.

JR

Hello, I have hunted there a few times. There is water in a developed spring below the trail head (west side) and water in creek along the trail to the top. Not sure of other areas. The wind can be murderous on top for archers as well for gunners. They call the wind MORIAH! Take a good tent and extra cloths as it can be hell up there any time of the year. You should see plenty of bucks, getting on them, another story. Good luck.

On the west side, take 8 mile to the top at forest service road 581. From there head south till road 460. At 460 head to 450 at Smith Creek. There is a small homestead looking area below an antique Cornbinder up there at the wilderness boundry.(My ex-father-in-law's old claim)This is an excellent entry point to the wilderness area and a great base camp. My ex spent many summers of her young life up there and would tell me stories of the deer they would see. I myself have seen a handfull of respectable bucks with two of them being in the 180 class. Good luck!

BigFly
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4836e9156b4e92a1.jpg

Hey Guys,

Thank you very much for the responses. The information you provided is exactly what I was looking for. The pointer about the wind was priceless. Seriously, thank you guys for the information I really appreciated it.

JR

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom