Most coveted mule deer tag?

The one I wrapped around this guys antler
F5B0F70B-01C5-4AFE-B8C9-29775AEC92C0.jpeg

Definitely archery. The bucks don’t like hiding in trees. I’ve heard they don’t like the velvet getting beat up. I used to hunt black powder but had to pick up archery to at least see mature bucks in an area.

I say the one you have in your pocket. And one in which you can become familiar with the unit all the time.

19, 22, 23, 24, 13 have skewed odds suggesting quality that may or not be there. They have gotten that reputation for various reasons.

I don't believe the size of the buck determines the odds, but the proximity to population centers.

I live in BFE and have had a deer tag, or my daughter has had a deer tag every year the last four years, and I have only gone a couple years over the last 10 with no deer tag. These tags are in my "home" areas. Areas I spend all year in.

Give me a tag for one of the "premium " units and I would be lucky to find a deer simply because they are different country than I am used to.

I have also known people to have one of the premium units, and I have not seen them take on average better deer than what I see locals kill around here on a regular basis.

Familiarity is key IMO.

I don't know. One day while elk hunting 222, I saw a 30 inch 6X4 with a 8 inch drop on the same hillside I saw a 190+ inch buck 15 minutes apart.

I second the coveted local area tag and the coveted tag in your hand. When you spend time in your home turf year round it shortens the learning curve enough to make those local tags priceless in my opinion

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom