Mountain lion Pic

muliefanatic

Hi guys just wanted to share these trail cam pictures of a big lion ( what I think is big) I got this week.

00000062.JPG

00000063.JPG

How can you tell ?

Sorry Cosmic,
I was half asleep when I saw this last night. ,The picture you posted is a female. If it was a Tom it would have a big black spot here where I placed it on your pic.
The pic muliefanatic doesn't show a great angle, it looks to be a large female because of the longer neck smaller head and finer bone, could be a " teenage" Tom though if that makes sense.

Screenshot_20200223-054654.png

Sorry Cosmic,
I was half asleep when I saw this last night. ,The picture you posted is a female. If it was a Tom it would have a big black spot here where I placed it on your pic.
The pic muliefanatic doesn't show a great angle, it looks to be a large female because of the longer neck smaller head and finer bone, could be a " teenage" Tom though if that makes sense.
I usually only check this camera once a month. I happened to check it the day after this pic was taken. Because of the fresh snow. Called a Hound hunter friend of mine and we went and looked at the tracks he also thought it was a female.

Yes that definitely was! If your hound hunting buddy can't make it to rjn it next time get a hold of me please ???

That's definitely looking like a Tom to me! Dang cowboy! Where you hanging those cameras ?????? I run quite a few in the Manzanos and have never been lucky enough to get one on camera!hard to say for sure but looks like it .

Screenshot_20200223-071102.png

Bugle I live between Taos and Ouesta.... San Cristobal, and have a dozen or so Lion pics from over the years. These are some from recently.
That's definitely looking like a Tom to me! Dang cowboy! Where you hanging those cameras ?????? I run quite a few in the Manzanos and have never been lucky enough to get one on camera!hard to say for sure but looks like it .

Here are a few pictures. You can see in one picture is just momma lion and then kittens followed in the next picture. One of the kittens can be seen at the left edge of the picture. last picture is what I assume is the same momma cat a day later.

mommy lion.jpg

lion kittens.jpg

lion.jpg

I suppose it depends some on where you are, but here they get noticeably twitchy. When the lion(s) are just passing thru you see the deer much more attentive, and busting out of the trees in all directions. The deer tend to head for the hay fields and the lions stay in the trees. If the lions hang around for more than a few days, the deer move clear out. Might take a month for the larger bands to come back. I spend a lot of time on the porch. :)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom