mounting??

C

cryan

could yall help me out as far as learning how to bleach the skull.. how do i get the brains out or the best way.. also the process of bleaching the skull.. hopefully you understand this, thanks for your help

I use a small, metal "spoon" tool, and scoop the brains out a little at a time. You have to get the brains out before you do anything else, otherwise, the grease from the brains will soak into the skull. Once I have the brains out, and the lower jaw detached, I'll cut away as much meat as possible. Then, I'll soak the skull for about three days in water (hot to begin with). This will loosen a lot of the meat, and also take a lot of the grease out of the meat. Once that is done, I'll simmer the skull (never boil) in water and sal soda (washing soda (not baking soda)). Simmer it for about 20 minutes, then take it out and clean as much meat off as possible. If it needs it, put it back in to simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes, and repeat until skull is clean. Once dry, if there is still grease in the skull, soak in Dawn dish soap and water for several days. Acetone will also degrease a skull. Then, I'll take 40% peroxide (you can find this at a beauty supply store) and Whitening powder (also found at a beauty supply store), and mix into a paste (wear gloves because it will burn). Rub the paste all over the skull, and pour into the naseal cavity, wrap the skull in saran wrap, and place it in the sun for a day. After a day, wash of the paste. Now, you can finish the skull how you want. I do not like glossy skulls, so I spray it with Thompson's water seal that comes in an aresol can. If you like the glossy look, to can use any clear gloss finish. Have fun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom