Moving to Wyoming

dillon

Very Active Member
I hope the hunting is good in Wyoming because I just agreed to move my family there. I am going to be working and living at Glendo. I won't be a resident for a year, so I should be able to do some research and get to know a few areas. I know a lot of eastern Wyoming is private, so I probably need to make friends with some ranchers.

Let's see you Wyoming field photos.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

At least you got your Nevada Pronghorn off the list. You can just about live off of Pronghorn in Wyoming. Best of luck Dillon!

You "hope" the hunting is good in Wyoming?
Have you been living in a cellar somewhere? haha

Good luck on your new move and happy hunting. I hear it's okay.
Zeke

I am from Utah and only wish I was a resident of WY. Great hunting. If I were you, Id buy a regional deer tag and hunt that every year. It is amazing the nice deer I saw last year on a region tag. And the general elk tags are awesome too. Oh and antelope too. :)

You wont be disappointed.

Dillon you will find that in Eastern Wy, it will be very easy to get free or real cheap trespass access to those private ranches for antelope hunting. Just start knocking on doors and ask. Deer will be more on trespass fees, but you can get lucky there also.
I use to hunt antelope area #11 and filled many tags on a ranch there on 3 different hunts. The original ranch owner passed away and his son in law took over and got greedy and allowed the ranch to get shot out for both deer and antelope by over hunting it and charging higher fees.
Used to be a great game animal processing plant in Douglas that made great sausage from the antelope meat and did excellent wild game processing at a reasonable price. How it is now, I do not know as I have not been back there for about 10 years.
When you get back there, find the game warden for the area and he should be able to give you some good leads where to go knocking on doors for trespassing at a reasonable cost.

RELH

RELH

Welcome to wonderful wyoming....will also be living in one of the finest whitetail areas in the state if you can secure permission. Some big bucks for sure on the right ranch/properties. Medicine Bow national forest several miles away and one of the best walleye fisheries in the state. Not to mention the pheasant hunting along the lake of glendo. Not a bad spot for sure. Enjoy.

A Wyoming resident can have an elk, mule deer and antelope tag every year with a decent chance of harvesting a quality animal on public land.

Although you may have to travel some to get to the public land from where you are going to be living.

Wyoming is probably the best State in the country for hunting opportunity for it's residents. You might think Alaska is but if you don't have access to an airplane in Alaska your opportunities can be limited.

I was being a little sarcastic when I said "I hope the hunting is good in Wyoming." It will be nice to have access to general tags every year after living in Nevada. Don't get me wrong, Nevada has great hunting if you can draw a tag. I went three years without a deer tag. I plan on exploring unit 7 for elk and getting to know as many landowners as possible.

I got into a lot of elk hunting general deer with my brother-in-law last year. The unit we were on is not open for general bull elk, but the draw odds are reasonable (1:4). Of course, when you have a deer tag you see elk and when you have an elk tag you see deer.

Thanks for the help and comments. I am excited for to learn new areas and get out of the office more.

Dillon

>I was being a little sarcastic
>when I said "I hope
>the hunting is good in
>Wyoming."
>
>
>Dillon

I knew you were but I had to give you a hard time anyway....all in good fun though.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom