Mr. Anti-public land, Mike Lee, needs to go

So you admit your actual issue is he doesn’t bow at the alter of Trump? Here’s the thing, doing good in government, doesn’t mean you get to break laws, break norms, steal classified information, and claim elections were stolen and just have everyone go along with it. We can get through Trump, we can get through Biden. We can’t get through the idea that the system should be torn apart to keep your guy in power just because he’s doing some good things policy wise. Don’t perform impeachable acts if you don’t want to be impeached. Act like a grown adult if you want to win an election. Don’t steal classified documents. Peacefully transition power like is the norm. None of it’s hard. Okay I said I was done dammit.
You are joking right???? You honestly believe Trump did anything that was even in the least bit Impeachable???

If so you are farther gone then I thought, I actually wanted to give you the benefit of a doubt, but if your honestly believe all the crap you just spewed we are not even in the same ball park with each other. All that crap you just spouted off is left wing rhetoric and has no basis in actual fact, its all emotional drivel.

And no my problem is not that he "doesn't bow at the alter of Trump " Its that he actively persuade to remove a sitting president for the mere fact that he does not like him, That act in itself leads me to not trust the guy in the least.

You keep saying we will "survive" Biden just like we "survived" Trump, you really must be so out of touch with reality and are probably a very well off individual. I know people that are not surviving what the dunce in the WH is doing to this country, and for you to say so casually like its nothing to be concerned with shows just how out of touch you really are.

The whole country was doing better under trump from a economical stand point, hell the whole globe was doing better. It took the Chinese releasing a deadly virus onto the entire globe to shut down the economy and the Dems (and McMullen) using it as a hard core political ploy to bring the country down. If Covid never happened we would not have Biden as our President.

And the people tearing down the systems is the Democrat's, look at every major government agency and see how they have infiltrated them and are using them to help keep the dem's in power.

You are delusional man, this country is in a world of hurt and you obviously dont see it. This is bigger then Lee, and McMullen some are genuinely worried for our country and our way of life and you are worried about the politics of it all. its sad really.

You can call me an extremist all you want, hell you seem to believe all the other crap the dems and media are spewing I can see why you would think that. LOL

Not at all. He had classified information he took home. He lost the last election. Him losing the last election isn’t opinion, unless you’re totally off the deep end, which as I mentioned, a few of you are, so it’s no surprise you’re an election results denier lol. The shoe certainly fits perfectly. Even people uber conservative like Ben Shapiro, has said dozens of times that he legitimately lost the election and the election results denial is damaging to the country. And it needs to stop. He lost the election. Deal with it.

Statistically, biden couldn't win.

Deal with it.

You are joking right???? You honestly believe Trump did anything that was even in the least bit Impeachable???

If so you are farther gone then I thought, I actually wanted to give you the benefit of a doubt, but if your honestly believe all the crap you just spewed we are not even in the same ball park with each other. All that crap you just spouted off is left wing rhetoric and has no basis in actual fact, its all emotional drivel.

And no my problem is not that he "doesn't bow at the alter of Trump " Its that he actively persuade to remove a sitting president for the mere fact that he does not like him, That act in itself leads me to not trust the guy in the least.

You keep saying we will "survive" Biden just like we "survived" Trump, you really must be so out of touch with reality and are probably a very well off individual. I know people that are not surviving what the dunce in the WH is doing to this country, and for you to say so casually like its nothing to be concerned with shows just how out of touch you really are.

The whole country was doing better under trump from a economical stand point, hell the whole globe was doing better. It took the Chinese releasing a deadly virus onto the entire globe to shut down the economy and the Dems (and McMullen) using it as a hard core political ploy to bring the country down. If Covid never happened we would not have Biden as our President.

And the people tearing down the systems is the Democrat's, look at every major government agency and see how they have infiltrated them and are using them to help keep the dem's in power.

You are delusional man, this country is in a world of hurt and you obviously dont see it. This is bigger then Lee, and McMullen some are genuinely worried for our country and our way of life and you are worried about the politics of it all. its sad really.

You can call me an extremist all you want, hell you seem to believe all the other crap the dems and media are spewing I can see why you would think that. LOL
Again with the theatrics. *Eye roll* The world ain’t ending. The country ain’t ending. Promise.

Statistically biden couldn't win.

Deal with it.
Statistically Biden couldn’t win? LMAO. Nut jobs man lol. Statistically he did. Trump was a **** candidate…I know it’s hard to believe in rural Utah’s echo chamber but a good portion of the country HATES him. Nominate a better candidate and you won’t lose the election. Desantis should be the top of the Republican ticket in 2024, if it’s Trump, enjoy, he’ll lose again.

Not at all. He had classified information he took home. He lost the last election. Him losing the last election isn’t opinion, unless you’re totally off the deep end, which as I mentioned, a few of you are, so it’s no surprise you’re an election results denier lol. The shoe certainly fits perfectly. Even people uber conservative like Ben Shapiro, has said dozens of times that he legitimately lost the election and the election results denial is damaging to the country. And it needs to stop. He lost the election. Deal with it.
There is a difference in winning an election and cheating to win an election by illegally changing the rules in the 11th hour and then just ignoring all that because of Covid. There was nothing normal about that election and there was most definitely some shady dealings, I wont say whether Biden won or lost but I have my suspicions, and I full do not believe it was fairly looked into.

Again with the theatrics. *Eye roll* The world ain’t ending. The country ain’t ending. Promise.
Nope out of control inflation isn't an issue, its all gonna be just fine. Like I said you must be a very well off individual. Nope the country isn't ending but its heading down a dark path if we don't correct it. And I don't trust McMullen to help get us on the right track. Hell Lee might not be either but McMullen burned his bridge with me and a lot of others. I don't trust the guy.

There is a difference in winning an election and cheating to win an election by illegally changing the rules in the 11th hour and then just ignoring all that because of Covid. There was nothing normal about that election and there was most definitely some shady dealings, I wont say whether Biden won or lost but I have my suspicions, and I full do not believe it was fairly looked into.
He won the election. Being mad citizens in this country voted against your guy and then wanting to cry about it, is asinine. No one cheated. People filled out their ballots, and Joe Biden won the election. These sorts of things can’t be huge disagreements in this country. Our election integrity is the best in the world. You’re questioning your own county clerks if you think the election was stolen. That doesn’t mean there’s no voting irregularities but there’s no where near the amount needed to change an election. When a guy is calling Republican Governors and asking them to “find me the 5,000 votes I need to win”….that….that is trying to cheat.
Nope out of control inflation isn't an issue, its all gonna be just fine. Like I said you must be a very well off individual. Nope the country isn't ending but its heading down a dark path if we don't correct it. And I don't trust McMullen to help get us on the right track. Hell Lee might not be either but McMullen burned his bridge with me and a lot of others. I don't trust the guy.
Inflations a problem. The economy has always went through these sorts of cycles. I didn’t say there aren’t problems, I say the world or country isn’t ending like you’re hysterically claiming. The stock market goes up, then it goes down. We have economic ups, and economic downs. We have high inflation, and we have interest rates that adjust. It’s a problem right now, it’s not ending the country, You flat out admitted a page back it’s because he doesn’t kiss Trumps ass. Boo hoo. Grow up and stop thinking the guy is God. It’s okay not to kiss his ass. And you can be a conservative without liking him or supporting him.

Hey Oneye, since this has turned into "Trump sucks" thread, feel free to follow the one below. I posted my thoughts there so I will bow out on this one.

Statistically Biden couldn’t win? LMAO. Nut jobs man lol. Statistically he did. Trump was a **** candidate…I know it’s hard to believe in rural Utah’s echo chamber but a good portion of the country HATES him. Nominate a better candidate and you won’t lose the election. Desantis should be the top of the Republican ticket in 2024, if it’s Trump, enjoy, he’ll lose again.

I wasn't asking, and you have no clue what statistics even is.

Oneye- a few points to consider, for the reasonable side of one's mind:

40% of the country loves Trump. Now, I'm not one of them, but 40% of anything is not extreme. Like it or not, being a Trump fan is not off the charts. I personally don't get it, but then again I'm just one person with a view.

Trump's first impeachment was a joke. Seriously partisan bull, everyone knows it. His second "impeachment" had basis, but honestly I am not convinced he asked folks to take over the capital building. Sure, his followers (the more rabid ones) clearly broke the law and were obviously motivated by his rhetoric. But then again, cities burned for BLM and no politicians had to answer for that. Again, dumb rabid people doing stupid.

Lastly, you are completely correct about the election loss crap. Every time I hear that it drives me insane. But, as you say, we survived that. Biden won- stumbling and bumbling his way into the White House.

As for surviving Biden- I disagree. Biden's handling of the economy (inflation alone, much less the other stupid crap) is and will ruin the lives of 10's of millions of seniors. And children too, to be frank. I'm at a loss for words for anyone who thinks we are "surviving" him.

Food for thought on Trump...

Last edited:

40% of the country loves Trump. Now, I'm not one of them, but 40% of anything is not extreme. Like it or not, being a Trump fan is not off the charts. I personally don't get it, but then again I'm just one person with a view.

Trump's first impeachment was a joke. Seriously partisan bull, everyone knows it. His second "impeachment" had basis, but honestly I am not convinced he asked folks to take over the capital building. Sure, his followers (the more rabid ones) clearly broke the law and were obviously motivated by his rhetoric. But then again, cities burned for BLM and no politicians had to answer for that. Again, dumb rabid people doing stupid.

Lastly, you are completely correct about the election loss crap. Every time I hear that it drives me insane. But, as you say, we survived that. Biden won- stumbling and bumbling his way into the Whitehouse.

As for surviving Biden- I disagree. Biden's handling of the economy (inflation alone, much less the other stupid crap) is and will ruin the lives of 10's of millions of seniors. And children too, to be frank. I'm at a loss for words for anyone who thinks we are "surviving" him.

What really happened with the election is enough people understand to accpet results and move on regardless. Far cry from legitimacy.

It's hard to believe that biden was the best they had to offer, especially when he didn't even win his party's primary - everyone else just kind of dropped out and won the nomination by a defacto process. Nevermind being a complete failure two or three previous campaigns.

So, for 3-1/2 years leading up to the general, the (D's) rhetoric and message was exactly what they say Trump "supporters" are guilty of. Not accepting results and doing everything to overthrow an outcome. "Impeach foe-ty five!" was the battle cry of maxine waters. pelosi decidedly ripped in two her copy of the SOTU speech.

As far as impeachable actions based from comments leading to violence, lest we not forget "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon". And yet, nothing happened to Teflon obama.

So, yeah. It's pretty tough to believe the results are actually legit...

So, yeah. It's pretty tough to believe the results are actually legit...
I understand the sentiment. There has never been an election without some degree of shananigans. That said, Trump went way overboard with his protests in my opinion. It has gotten hard for me to listen to him (I voted for him and will again if he runs and wins the nomination). If he would simply tone that down, admit that the certified results are what they are- and that election reforms would be good, I'd feel much better about him.

As for being a good economic president- he was and would be again.

He won the election. Being mad citizens in this country voted against your guy and then wanting to cry about it, is asinine. No one cheated. People filled out their ballots, and Joe Biden won the election. These sorts of things can’t be huge disagreements in this country. Our election integrity is the best in the world. You’re questioning your own county clerks if you think the election was stolen. That doesn’t mean there’s no voting irregularities but there’s no where near the amount needed to change an election. When a guy is calling Republican Governors and asking them to “find me the 5,000 votes I need to win”….that….that is trying to cheat.

Inflations a problem. The economy has always went through these sorts of cycles. I didn’t say there aren’t problems, I say the world or country isn’t ending like you’re hysterically claiming. The stock market goes up, then it goes down. We have economic ups, and economic downs. We have high inflation, and we have interest rates that adjust. It’s a problem right now, it’s not ending the country, You flat out admitted a page back it’s because he doesn’t kiss Trumps ass. Boo hoo. Grow up and stop thinking the guy is God. It’s okay not to kiss his ass. And you can be a conservative without liking him or supporting him.
Lmao you really are just a jerk I've said multiple times trump wasn't perfect, but on policy the dude was the man for the job, I don't know how that makes me a trump worshipping extremist. Personally I'm not 100% I want him to run again mostly just because he's too old.

If anyone is worshipping anyone it's you slobbering all over Mcmuffin's bald knob.

Anyone voting for Mcmuffin is voting with the democrats on enough of the more important issues to negate anything positive he would do. He will be the next republican Cuck and a democrat vote when they really need it just like Sh!t Mitt who voted to impeach his own party's president for the first time in history on the second sham impeachment.

I will end with this as I stated before I for sure would much rather live in a state ran with power hungy Republicans then one ran by power hungry democrats.

I'm pretty sure I said I was done with this thread months ago. Your not worth my time.

I don't want him to run again simply because the Oneye extremists will never let up on the the TDS witch hunt....NEVER.....

but...they will just pivot their hate and constant attacks to whoever takes his place....
They definitely have there playbook set for whomever is going to be running, hell even Mcmuffin would be Hitler reincarnated if he was to be the nominee.

Oneye
Why would anyone give you the time of day is my question.
You have insulted everyone except yourself and I am not sure about that you probably have insulted yourself.

Personally I find it I interesting that there is some cult like desire to prop up Mike Lee.

Dude spent the majority of his life, living in DC. He was neighbors and friends with Harry Reid.

He doesn't hunt, doesn't fish, doubt he's ever left pavement.

He's never written a bill to ban abortion, protect 2a, balance a budget, etc, etc, etc.

For those of you who forgot, Lee came to office as a Tea Party guy, and then, once there, did nothing to makee Tea Party principles into ACTUAL law.

When anti Trumping was the rage, Lee was one, voting against HIS PARTIES NOMINEE.

Then, when the Trump presidency started an the country was rolling, suddenly Lee was a Trumpster.

So in Lee time as a senator, he's been a Tea Party guy, an Anti- Trumpster, and a Trumpster. For those who are slow, those are 3 polar opposed groups. I'm dying to hear how that makes Lee "principled".

I would LOVE to see Lee go down in flames for his support of selling public land. Would love it.

My problem is, I've yet to see McMullin say anything to give me excitement as to him being a public lands guy.

Last. I read comments in this thread, from a bunch of dudes who on this site, were big Romney supporters, and $fw members whose org publically pushed Romney. Hilariously they are now so concerned with McMullin not being a conservative, or an anti trumpster

Lastly, you are completely correct about the election loss crap. Every time I hear that it drives me insane. But, as you say, we survived that. Biden won- stumbling and bumbling his way into the White House.

This is a well reasoned post. And I would agree we can discuss a lot of these things as opinions, but the election thing we cannot. The extremists are the ones who want to sit here and shout Trump won the last election, or that it was stolen from him. It simply was not. Not everyone who likes Trump is extreme, but just like the left there is 20-25% of the party that is batshit crazy. An election isn’t stolen just because your God said it was. Americas elections are secure, safe, and fair. Trump should have lost gracefully and ran again in 2024. The way he went about losing was extremely damaging to the fabric of the country, and he should never be the nominee again. What people here need to understand is there’s also about 40% of the country who ardently hates the guy. And about 20% in the middle at this point who hate them both but end up making a decision they don’t like at all. Statistically impossible for Biden to win? Ridiculous assertion. I trust our election integrity. I trust our county clerks. I trust that America is the best in the nation at free and fair elections, and if you don’t like some here seem not to, I don’t care about a reasonable discussion with them. They’re questioning the very fabric of the country just because their guy told them the election was stolen…when it clearly was not.

They definitely have there playbook set for whomever is going to be running, hell even Mcmuffin would be Hitler reincarnated if he was to be the nominee.
The idea that the GOP walking away from Trump is going to somehow return U.S. politics back to normal is completely ridiculous.... if you believe that you have not paid attention at all.
The mere existence of red America, that they can't control, is the problem to the leftists in power. The left will continue their manic escalation & destructive policies no matter who the GOP puts forward.

You aren’t wrong about this, because I see plenty of Democrats saying they won’t vote for him even running against Mike Lee. And therein lies his problem. He’s been conservative his whole life, so Dems are hesitant to jump all in for him, and he didn’t kiss Trumps ass so “conservatives” are hesitant. The middle? Oh my.

Last edited:
Oneye
Why would anyone give you the time of day is my question.
You have insulted everyone except yourself and I am not sure about that you probably have insulted yourself.
If you want to claim election results aren’t real, or that statistically Biden couldn’t win….you’ve earned insults. You wouldn’t reason, your mind is made up.

Personally I find it I interesting that there is some cult like desire to prop up Mike Lee.

Dude spent the majority of his life, living in DC. He was neighbors and friends with Harry Reid.

He doesn't hunt, doesn't fish, doubt he's ever left pavement.

He's never written a bill to ban abortion, protect 2a, balance a budget, etc, etc, etc.

For those of you who forgot, Lee came to office as a Tea Party guy, and then, once there, did nothing to makee Tea Party principles into ACTUAL law.

When anti Trumping was the rage, Lee was one, voting against HIS PARTIES NOMINEE.

Then, when the Trump presidency started an the country was rolling, suddenly Lee was a Trumpster.

So in Lee time as a senator, he's been a Tea Party guy, an Anti- Trumpster, and a Trumpster. For those who are slow, those are 3 polar opposed groups. I'm dying to hear how that makes Lee "principled".

I would LOVE to see Lee go down in flames for his support of selling public land. Would love it.

My problem is, I've yet to see McMullin say anything to give me excitement as to him being a public lands guy.

Last. I read comments in this thread, from a bunch of dudes who on this site, were big Romney supporters, and $fw members whose org publically pushed Romney. Hilariously they are now so concerned with McMullin not being a conservative, or an anti trumpster
You say all that hossblur but Mike Lee did the most important thing for the election deniers in this thread. He kissed the ass of Trump, which is many of these folks litmus test for being a conservative these days. And I’ve made the point several times….if you attack Mitt Romney….and say he’s not conservative….you’ve totally shown your cards, because he’s one of the most conservative voting members of the US Senate. It’s all about Trump ass kissing, and nothing more. Mike Lee has done nothing during his time in congress, is a career politician, hates public lands, hates conservation, and knows that by simply spewing partisan rhetoric he can hook, line, and sinker about 40% of the vote without ever actually doing anything but saying the divisive things they like.

The idea that the GOP walking away from Trump is going to somehow return U.S. politics back to normal is completely ridiculous.... if you believe that you have not paid attention at all.
The mere existence of red America, that they can't control, is the problem to the leftists in power. The left will continue their manic escalation & destructive policies no matter who the GOP puts forward.
The GOP needs to walk away from Trump because of how damaging he’s been to their own party.

You say all that hossblur but Mike Lee did the most important thing for the election deniers in this thread. He kissed the ass of Trump, which is many of these folks litmus test for being a conservative these days. And I’ve made the point several times….if you attack Mitt Romney….and say he’s not conservative….you’ve totally shown your cards, because he’s one of the most conservative voting members of the US Senate. It’s all about Trump ass kissing, and nothing more. Mike Lee has done nothing during his time in congress, is a career politician, hates public lands, hates conservation, and knows that by simply spewing partisan rhetoric he can hook, line, and sinker about 40% of the vote without ever actually doing anything but saying the divisive things they like.

Be fair.

Lees stats are every bit as conservative as Romney's.

Where are Romney's bills on the subjects I've raised?

Where are his bills to protect public land?

I'm still waiting for his bill on mustangs he promised years ago.

And.

Where is McMullins public land defenses?

I dislike Lee, but Romney and McMullin for hunters/fishermen/outdoorsmen, are no different.

Be fair.

Lees stats are every bit as conservative as Romney's.

Where are Romney's bills on the subjects I've raised?

Where are his bills to protect public land?

I'm still waiting for his bill on mustangs he promised years ago.

And.

Where is McMullins public land defenses?

I dislike Lee, but Romney and McMullin for hunters/fishermen/outdoorsmen, are no different.
Oh of course Lee is. My main point is simply the fact that if they’re pointing at Romney, as though he’s not conservative, it’s just not true. He’s very conservative. Their actual problem with him is not his conservatism, their actual problem is, he doesn’t bow down to Donald Trump. I also would say Mitt hasn’t done much of anything (he did run a fire borrowing fix bill last year, more than Lee) either, but he’s not up for election. Romney also doesn’t make being anti-public lands a focal point of his political career. Lee has pounded on the issue his entire time in congress. It’s like someone like Chris Stewart and Blake Moore in the House. They all support transferring/selling public lands, but it’s a much larger focal point of Stewart’s agenda than it is Moores. An inch better, is still better. Or the guy Moore replaced in Rob Bishop who did everything he could to undermine public lands. Blake Moore was a step in the right direction, even if just because that’s not an issue he focuses on like Bishop did.

As for McMullin, I’d have to wait and see. I’ve seen Lee’s votes on those issues, McMullin hasn’t voted on or sat in congress. I’m happy with an inch better than Lee if it’s possible.

No…clearly YOU don’t know what statistics means. What’s reality? Your delusion that Biden could not win? Or the fact he did win and is President?

Still wasn't asking. But I will now. Are you a gov't employee? State, County, or Municipal?

No. I'm telling you Joe Biden legitimately won the last election, and just because you and the guy who lost don't like it doesn't make it untrue. The election results stuff is just totally ridiculous and unfounded nonsense.

Spoken like a guy that's going to get paid no matter what the market economy is like...

Breitbart News has a great article about EM and his true colors, how many times he’s bashed republicans and Trump over the past several years.

a vote for this guy IS a vote for democrats- we can’t afford to give away another senate vote, bottom line

No. I'm telling you Joe Biden legitimately won the last election, and just because you and the guy who lost don't like it doesn't make it untrue. The election results stuff is just totally ridiculous and unfounded nonsense.
???

It would appear he's not a fan of the Republican base :(
He said there’s a segment within the Republican base that is racist. And he’s right. David Duke voted for Donald Trump for a reason people. Your party appeals to him. He also goes on to say he was raised by Republicans and Republicans aren’t racist, but calling out the racists within the party is taboo, and he’s right. Plenty within the Republican base wish to pretend racism doesn’t exist. It does. Also, Breitbart? You people talk a lot about bias media then every media source you share is bias to right, it’s actually hilarious how little you can see your hypocrisy.

PS, I am also not a fan of the Republican base. I’m also not a fan of the Democrat base. The bases ARE THE PROBLEM.

Breitbart News has a great article about EM and his true colors, how many times he’s bashed republicans and Trump over the past several years.

a vote for this guy IS a vote for democrats- we can’t afford to give away another senate vote, bottom line
“I hate bias media”……proceeds to prop up bias media that props up his own preconceived notions. Ben Shapiro quite Breitbart because he wasn’t okay with them slandering and lying about some things…please spare me your “sources” of information. Even one of the most conservative dudes in the country left that company due to corruption and lying lol.

Since Oneye chose not to respond to my question about his affiliation with the McM campaign, one might guess he is. Oneye has been all over Twitter (per his admission), this site, hunttalk, and jazzfanz under the Oneye username. If he is affiliated, he may well be on other media under different usernames.

Nothing illegal about that- but it’s good to know motivations, especially when they are not transparent about it. Campaign folks aren’t out for honest debate- they are there to stump for a candidate.

If Oneye is not affiliated, I’m sure he will correct my deduction.

The economy and me getting paid has nothing to do with whether your fellow Americans votes were legitimately counted and whether you’re an election denier. My money, is also none of your business.

Not denying the outcome. Never have, it is what it is. I question how legitimate the outcome was.

As a gov't employee, yeah, it matters that you'll get paid no matter what which means you can afford to be absent minded in many things...

Not denying the outcome. Never have, it is what it is. I question how legitimate the outcome was.

As a gov't employee, yeah, it matters that you'll get paid no matter what which means you can afford to be absent minded in many things...
Legitimate in what way? PS when did I ever say I’m a government employee lol?

Btw everyone, there’s like 4 local news reports on one of our current Senators securing funding for a traffic project to alleviate congestion, a water treatment upgrade project in South Jordan, and a bill to help the Great Salt Lake with water conservation efforts. Anyone wanna guess which of our two Senators has secured those funds and projects for the state who benefit local people and create local jobs? I’ll give you a hint. It’s not the Senator who has an election in 5 weeks. It’s not the do nothing in congress for two terms deadbeat Senator who secured nothing for the state. The other Senator is also working on religious protections in the current marriage bill act in congress, and he’s proposed a Family Security Act to help families with children. So, I’ll ask again, what exactly does our do nothing Senator do?

Last edited:
To be fair, Oneye, this thread needs someone who is affiliated with the Lee campaign to counterpoint you. You obviously have all the talking points of the McM campaign.
No I don’t lol. What has he done? Romney has his own issues with public land policy, but I can at least point to multiple legislative funding bills he’s secured for the state and proof that he’s actually doing other things in congress. Even Mike Lees own campaign pages on Twitter and Facebook have nothing to note of anything he’s secured or done for the state. Just that “hey I’m a Republican, just care about that letter next to my name, don’t question my time in congress”. Dude has done absolutely nothing in 2 terms. The reason the question can’t be answered is because he’s done absolutely nothing but participate in culture war BS and be a divisive partisan hack. Dude has never once worked in good faith to benefit this state.

Well, Oneye- I'll give you this- you are good at your task. Politicians always seem able to "move on" from a sticking point, pretending to engage point for point when they really are just moving on to whatever they want to discuss. I dunno how you'd do on your feet- but if your media postings are any indication, you would do well. Kudos....

Oh- and I still believe that Utah (and the country) will be far better served with Lee in the Senate.

Well, Oneye- I'll give you this- you are good at your task. Politicians always seem able to "move on" from a sticking point, pretending to engage point for point when they really are just moving on to whatever they want to discuss. I dunno how you'd do on your feet- but if your media postings are any indication, you would do well. Kudos....

Oh- and I still believe that Utah (and the country) will be far better served with Lee in the Senate.
So I’ll ask you and anyone else again, what has Mike Lee done during his 2 terms in congress? I can list multiple things our other Senator has done in 6 months. Not even Lees campaign can state anything other than “I’m Republican, vote for me”.

I looked it up- but then thought better of engaging a pro!
Because there ain’t a thing to say.

Edit:

Oh right he did introduce legislation to sell Americas public lands off for housing this year. What a truly productive Senator.

Last edited:
Because there ain’t a thing to say.
You egged me on, didn't ya! :cool: Well, there was, but I'll respond more like a conservative than a liberal:

Now I don’t pretend to know what the great state of Utah wants from their congressmen. I will tell you that most conservatives wish the Feds did not spend money on pet projects. Rather, they wish the Feds would tax and spend less. If the fed taxes were lower, the states could decide how much infrastructure they need and get the funds locally for their own projects. MUCH more efficient- for two reasons: 1) the feds never do anything for anyone without deals made to spend money on studies of gnat genitalia or for tent hospitals that nobody ever goes to and 2) the feds add a layer of cost to everything they touch. Oh- and lest we forget- they spend money where THEY want- not where YOU want.

A typical liberal “do nothing” congress slam is pretty funny. My favorite congress person would be labeled as the biggest “do nothing” there is!

You egged me on, didn't ya! :cool: Well, there was, but I'll respond more like a conservative than a liberal:

Now I don’t pretend to know what the great state of Utah wants from their congressmen. I will tell you that most conservatives wish the Feds did not spend money on pet projects. Rather, they wish the Feds would tax and spend less. If the fed taxes were lower, the states could decide how much infrastructure they need and get the funds locally for their own projects. MUCH more efficient- for two reasons: 1) the feds never do anything for anyone without deals made to spend money on studies of gnat genitalia or for tent hospitals that nobody ever goes to and 2) the feds add a layer of cost to everything they touch. Oh- and lest we forget- they spend money where THEY want- not where YOU want.

A typical liberal “do nothing” congress slam is pretty funny. My favorite congress person would be labeled as the biggest “do nothing” there is!
Without getting into the details, this isn’t exactly true - at least not for most infrastructure.

I am in no way implying that the way it is done is efficient or least costly for the taxpayers, just pointing out that the States have a say in where their welfare is spent.

And for most highways, it isn’t really fair to call the return of Federal gas taxes welfare.

Without getting into the details, this isn’t exactly true - at least not for most infrastructure.

I am in no way implying that the way it is done is efficient or least costly for the taxpayers, just pointing out that the States have a say in where their welfare is spent.

And for most highways, it isn’t really fair to call the return of Federal gas taxes welfare.
Oh, I agree. If you have a welfare state, the state should get it's share of welfare. My post is more about reduction of the welfare state than it is about congress people who are good at bellying up to the trough. And yes, I get the trough exists and unfortunately is a real part of the game.

And honestly- I'm just giving Oneye the biz about using "do-nothing" to convince conservatives that their congressman sucks. Mostly for fun...

The Government is always going to spend money, some of it might as well be coming to my state and creating local jobs. I know Mike Lee would rather auction off public lands to build homes on, but other than that he's good for nothing and that's pretty proven when you can't name legislation he's sponsored to benefit this state. He's sponsored a bunch of anti-public land, anti-hunting, anti-conservation bills I'll give you that, but nothing that's ever been a benefit to Utah or the citizens of this state and actually the only things he does come up with are pro-development and anti-wildlife.

You're skirting around the issue because you can't give a legitimate answer of what he's done, because he's done nothing.
OK Oneye- I'm not some sort of Lee fan. I'm just concerned about Rs having a chance to retake the Senate. If Lee isn't what Utah wants, so be it. But it will likely keep control away from the Rs. But I have faith in Utah, and I doubt that it will happen.

And my biggest gripe with the candidate your apparently work for is his endorsement of the worst president of all time- Biden. If you are conservative, that's all you need to know. Voting a cardboard box into office would be better (for conservatives).

The Government is always going to spend money, some of it might as well be coming to my state and creating local jobs. I know Mike Lee would rather auction off public lands to build homes on, but other than that he's good for nothing and that's pretty proven when you can't name legislation he's sponsored to benefit this state. He's sponsored a bunch of anti-public land, anti-hunting, anti-conservation bills I'll give you that, but nothing that's ever been a benefit to Utah or the citizens of this state and actually the only things he does come up with are pro-development and anti-wildlife.

Just so you know, federal legislation is supposed to benefit everyone of every state, not just yours. Leave that to state legislators. If federal legislation benefits just UT, it will likely cost another state's theirs.

But then there is a MM member that thinks elected reps at the fed level from one state will not have an effect on your own and it doesn't matter what they do or that you even have to pay attention to them. Strange, I suddenly have a craving for some off-white colored ice cream...

Just so you know, federal legislation is supposed to benefit everyone of every state, not just yours. Leave that to state legislators. If federal legislation benefits just UT, it will likely cost another state's theirs.
Where do you come up with this nonsense? Please show us in the owners manual that federal spending is “supposed to be” distributed equally.

Your socialism is showing.

Last edited:
I took it differently. Again, the pig fight at the trough seems to be the liberals favorite measure of a congress person's effectivity. Now, since there is a trough, I suppose it's an ugly part of the job.

The real point is the trough is too wide, too deep, and too full of s**t. Take that federal gas tax you pointed out. At one time, there was no rhyme or reason to the highway system in this country. Today, that system is 10X better than back then (good thing). The feds should now be solely focused on a 10 year plan to maintain and add as needed. Instead, there's a food fight over which metro will get which stacks added.

They should reduce the tax to do just what is needed for the infrastructure of the country, and allow the states to tax/spend as needed for their local needs. I believe that is what roadrunner was referring to (could be wrong).

OK Oneye- I'm not some sort of Lee fan. I'm just concerned about Rs having a chance to retake the Senate. If Lee isn't what Utah wants, so be it. But it will likely keep control away from the Rs. But I have faith in Utah, and I doubt that it will happen.

And my biggest gripe with the candidate your apparently work for is his endorsement of the worst president of all time- Biden. If you are conservative, that's all you need to know. Voting a cardboard box into office would be better (for conservatives).
Here’s the difference between you and I, McMullin is essentially a Republican. Either way, they’re largely going to have a Republican vote. As for Biden, don’t run such a horrendous guy at the top of the Republican Party and sell the soul of it to him, and you wouldn’t alienate a lot of middle of the road reasonable people who were tired of the circus.

Blah, blah, blah, your so smart…
Nah, I’m just not a complete conspiracy theory, tin foil hat kinda guy denying reality because the guy who lost threw a fit.

I took it differently. Again, the pig fight at the trough seems to be the liberals favorite measure of a congress person's effectivity. Now, since there is a trough, I suppose it's an ugly part of the job.

The real point is the trough is too wide, too deep, and too full of s**t. Take that federal gas tax you pointed out. At one time, there was no rhyme or reason to the highway system in this country. Today, that system is 10X better than back then (good thing). The feds should now be solely focused on a 10 year plan to maintain and add as needed. Instead, there's a food fight over which metro will get which stacks added.

They should reduce the tax to do just what is needed for the infrastructure of the country, and allow the states to tax/spend as needed for their local needs. I believe that is what roadrunner was referring to (could be wrong).
The gas tax is a bad example, as is infrastructure for the most part. Yes, it’s a problem that the money gets gobbled up in the metro areas. I suppose that’s the price we pay for “democracy”.

After 9/11, NY spent billions in infrastructure to secure a safer water supply for the city*, and we’re fixing to write a great big check to Floriduh just like we did for Sandy. Who (except me) would argue against federal aid in those circumstances?

Anyway, way off topic. It seems the sole purpose of the federal government has been to become a redistribution vehicle for tax revenues, and a primary role of your elected officials is to get your share. They should at least lecture about morality while passing the plate like the Churches do.

*substantially funded thru federal departments, where the real waste and inefficiency is

Who (except me) would argue against federal aid in those circumstances?
Trust me, there are many others.

Florida and New York could easily raise the 100s of Billions they need(ed) to fix disastrous results. Florida's GDP is $1.3T- a 6% tax over 5 years would cover it. Borrow up front and even pay it off without incurring long term debt. And we could expect them to do it- except that trough we asked them to help fill up, so that's where they will expect it.

Nah, I’m just not a complete conspiracy theory, tin foil hat kinda guy denying reality because the guy who lost threw a fit.

Sure you are, and you mean the gal that lost and her entire party threw a fit. For 4 years they threw a fit.

Here’s the difference between you and I, McMullin is essentially a Republican. Either way, they’re largely going to have a Republican vote. As for Biden, don’t run such a horrendous guy at the top of the Republican Party and sell the soul of it to him, and you wouldn’t alienate a lot of middle of the road reasonable people who were tired of the circus.
Here's the difference between you and I, McMullin was too wimpy to stick with and fix his party, so he bailed on them. And worse, bailed on the country by endorsing Biden. Here's an example of a respectable way to deal with not liking Trump: Romney. To his credit, he stayed with the party and makes (weak) attempts to fix it. I have some respect for that. He may well not have voted for Trump- but he DID NOT ENDORSE BIDEN.

Big, massive difference.

Again- McM is not a vote for conservatives.

I will vote for Lee, I know he will continue to support conservative issues
His stance on public land vs private land I do not like or support. There is no real support for his stance on this issue.
I did agree with him on the LWAC Fund, congress should have never gave them permanent funding, no checks and balances is not a good thing. That fund will end up getting used for programs majority of conservatives do not support.
Evan McMullin endorsed Biden. I can not and will not ever vote for him.

Sure you are, and you mean the gal that lost and her entire party threw a fit. For 4 years they threw a fit.
Yeah, just as ridiculous and stupid when they did it. See, I’m not the partisan hack here, you are lol. I can see that neither side is innocent, which is all the more reason to vote for an independent and for neither of them.

I will vote for Lee, I know he will continue to support conservative issues
His stance on public land vs private land I do not like or support. There is no real support for his stance on this issue.
I did agree with him on the LWAC Fund, congress should have never gave them permanent funding, no checks and balances is not a good thing. That fund will end up getting used for programs majority of conservatives do not support.
Evan McMullin endorsed Biden. I can not and will not ever vote for him.
Yeah we know

Since Oneye chose not to respond to my question about his affiliation with the McM campaign, one might guess he is. Oneye has been all over Twitter (per his admission), this site, hunttalk, and jazzfanz under the Oneye username. If he is affiliated, he may well be on other media under different usernames.

Nothing illegal about that- but it’s good to know motivations, especially when they are not transparent about it. Campaign folks aren’t out for honest debate- they are there to stump for a candidate.

If Oneye is not affiliated, I’m sure he will correct my deduction.
Lol his silence on this question is very telling ?

Here's the difference between you and I, McMullin was too wimpy to stick with and fix his party, so he bailed on them. And worse, bailed on the country by endorsing Biden. Here's an example of a respectable way to deal with not liking Trump: Romney. To his credit, he stayed with the party and makes (weak) attempts to fix it. I have some respect for that. He may well not have voted for Trump- but he DID NOT ENDORSE BIDEN.

Big, massive difference.

Again- McM is not a vote for conservatives.
Stick with his party and fix it? LOL. If anyone mentions that the one dude might have some issues they get excoriated. Why on earth would you stay faithful to a party who sold its soul to one man, and a shitty one at that?

Also, Mitt gets so much venom thrown at him for simply not being a Trump guy it’s disgusting and shameful. Romney is the most milk toast dude on the planet, by all appearances has never had any major personal/family issues, voted the party line 80+% of the time, and is trashed by the base of the GOP. He’s been harassed in public for it by Trumpy idiots. Sorry, but it’s the treatment of Romney specifically that tells me sticking with the party is a fruitless endeavor if you don’t kiss the boots of the idiot the GOP sold it’s soul to.

Lol his silence on this question is very telling ?
@HikeHunt61

To be very very clear, I have zero affiliation with his campaign. I do not like Mike Lee, the most anti-conservation and anti-public land guy in congress as my Senator. McMullin is a reasonable replacement, and is clearly nipping at Lees heels with the amount of money pouring into the state and the dirty lie tactics they’re using. If it weren’t close, they’d spend the money elsewhere, and Lee’s special interest groups wouldn’t be running such a dirty campaign. I’m not responding to every question or post on this thread, I’d be here all day. I’m not in this for a debate, Mike Lee has done nothing as Senator, and is one of the worst in congress on issues I care about, so I will gladly campaign against him as a citizen of this state. Oh and PS, I stick with one name.

@HikeHunt61

To be very very clear, I have zero affiliation with his campaign. I do not like Mike Lee, the most anti-conservation and anti-public land guy in congress as my Senator. McMullin is a reasonable replacement, and is clearly nipping at Lees heels with the amount of money pouring into the state and the dirty lie tactics they’re using. If it weren’t close, they’d spend the money elsewhere, and Lee’s special interest groups wouldn’t be running such a dirty campaign. I’m not responding to every question or post on this thread, I’d be here all day.
OK. You were so good at responding to other posts, ignored the ones where I suggested your affiliation. I'll take your word for it, of course.

Stick with his party and fix it? LOL. If anyone mentions that the one dude might have some issues they get excoriated. Why on earth would you stay faithful to a party who sold its soul to one man, and a shitty one at that?

Also, Mitt gets so much venom thrown at him for simply not being a Trump guy it’s disgusting and shameful. Romney is the most milk toast dude on the planet, by all appearances has never had any major personal/family issues, voted the party line 80+% of the time, and is trashed by the base of the GOP. He’s been harassed in public for it by Trumpy idiots. Sorry, but it’s the treatment of Romney specifically that tells me sticking with the party is a fruitless endeavor if you don’t kiss the boots of the idiot the GOP sold it’s soul to.
It's tough holding the line. Some got it, some don't.

OK. You were so good at responding to other posts, ignored the ones where I suggested your affiliation. I'll take your word for it, of course.
You’ve suggested a lot of things on this thread, I’ve been skimming long posts, we’re at post 280 here, but I will flat out state I have no affiliation with either campaign in any way. I’m a citizen of the state.

@HikeHunt61

To be very very clear, I have zero affiliation with his campaign. I do not like Mike Lee, the most anti-conservation and anti-public land guy in congress as my Senator. McMullin is a reasonable replacement, and is clearly nipping at Lees heels with the amount of money pouring into the state and the dirty lie tactics they’re using. If it weren’t close, they’d spend the money elsewhere, and Lee’s special interest groups wouldn’t be running such a dirty campaign. I’m not responding to every question or post on this thread, I’d be here all day. I’m not in this for a debate, Mike Lee has done nothing as Senator, and is one of the worst in congress on issues I care about, so I will gladly campaign against him as a citizen of this state. Oh and PS, I stick with one name.
Yeah we know!

You’ve suggested a lot of things on this thread, I’ve been skimming long posts, we’re at post 280 here, but I will flat out state I have no affiliation with either campaign in any way. I’m a citizen of the state.
Got it....

You all know once voted in they will vote how ever they want. Somethings you will like other not so much. There is alot of other things beside Outdoor issue's that they have to get down alot of horse trading is done by all those voted in.

You all know once voted in they will vote how ever they want. Somethings you will like other not so much. There is alot of other things beside Outdoor issue's that they have to get down alot of horse trading is done by all those voted in.

Which is why it's sadly hysterical when they go to begging for their jobs every 2 and 6 years.

Sure, but you have pretty close choices here. The major difference is one did everything he could to keep Trump elected even after he lost an election and has been proven anti-outdoors during his time in congress, and who has made being anti-outdoors in every way a big part of his political profile. And then you have the other conservative running as an independent who hasn’t made selling off the western outdoor lifestyle a major part of his campaign and would be new blood vs a guy who’s turning into nothing but an extreme partisan career politician.

Also, yesterday when DeSantis and Biden finally sat down the rhetoric and simply worked together and had some decent things to say about one another during the disaster Florida just experienced it felt like some reason in a dirty political world. The media can’t put down the stick, but to see both of them pull away from the rhetoric, yeah, that’s what I’d like more of. I’ll take moderate, reasonable candidates not invested in the gross rhetoric that’s become so prominent. And that starts by taking power away from the extremes, not ensuring they have more. Voting for a McMullin is actually what’s going to help bring reason to the country. We’ve gone down this dirty path of believing that we don’t have political differences, we’re enemies. And both major political sides are very very responsible for it. It shouldn’t take a disaster, people dying, and an emergency to get the two major parties to put their differences aside to accomplish something.

Last edited:
I found this rather amusing.
Screenshot_20221006_123113.jpg

What- you never heard of Vortex? :cool:
I found a pair of their binoculars on a rock one time. I think someone just didn’t think they worth packing anymore. I don’t think they were the top of the line. My only experience with their products.

The ad here is annoying if you accidentally hit it.

Probably would be smart to start voting for candidates that aren’t affiliated with either of those major parties that have become power hungry to the extreme. Both parties have allowed the extremist bases within them to define them. Utah has a chance to smack the GOP version of that in the face in 4 weeks.

I talked with someone who covers politics and polls in the state pretty heavily today. I will say, his opinion was, that McMullins challenge is going to be whether he can get enough turnout from Democrats who don't seem to be enthused to be voting for "conservative B" in this race. But, I am confident this race is close after talking to him, and Lee is in a good fight here.

I talked with someone who covers politics and polls in the state pretty heavily today. I will say, his opinion was, that McMullins challenge is going to be whether he can get enough turnout from Democrats who don't seem to be enthused to be voting for "conservative B" in this race. But, I am confident this race is close after talking to him, and Lee is in a good fight here.
Yes because all the best conservative politicians rely heavily on the votes of democrats to get elected. ?

Yes because all the best conservative politicians rely heavily on the votes of democrats to get elected. ?
I think you’re missing my point. McMullin is pulling enough Republicans, his problem is, as I’ve said multiple times, Democrats aren’t that enthused to be going out and voting for a conservative who has said he supports many of the things he supports. Elections are in part about enthusiasm. McMullin seems to have a good shot at moderate Republicans and Independents. It’s Democrats thought that he’s going to need to solidify a cobbled up enough group of voters to win.

I really think that if the fact people from another party is your biggest issue or diss on a guy, you really don’t have much, and show what a partisan hack you are. You think Americans who don’t vote like you are enemies, I don’t. McMullin was never going for the rabid base of the Republican Party.

Lee by 8.....
This same political insider said that the Deseret News poll showing Lee up 2 was extended when they were conducting the poll because their first results showed McMullin ahead, but they didn’t feel that was accurate so they extended the sample size. By all accounts this race is close, and you don’t have to look any further than how much money is pouring in. He also said McConnell quite desperately wanted Romney’s endorsement of Lee, and it didn’t happen. He said Lee is probably up, but only slightly, and the determiner will likely be how willingly Democrats are actually wanting to show up to vote in another conservative. He says he’s heard very little excitements from Dems in wanting to vote for McMullin so he’s skeptical.

After looking at both candidates… Lee will have my vote!
Now answer the question of, why:

I think you’re missing my point. McMullin is pulling enough Republicans, his problem is, as I’ve said multiple times, Democrats aren’t that enthused to be going out and voting for a conservative who has said he supports many of the things he supports. Elections are in part about enthusiasm. McMullin seems to have a good shot at moderate Republicans and Independents. It’s Democrats thought that he’s going to need to solidify a cobbled up enough group of voters to win.

I really think that if the fact people from another party is your biggest issue or diss on a guy, you really don’t have much, and show what a partisan hack you are. You think Americans who don’t vote like you are enemies, I don’t. McMullin was never going for the rabid base of the Republican Party.
See that's where you are wrong, I never thought of the other party as the enemy, the other side raged war on me and my side and have called us every evil vile thing in the book. We finally started fighting back and now we are the partisan hacks.

Please spare me the lecture.

Oneye who did you vote for president in the last election? You have probably said but I don't recall.

This same political insider said that the Deseret News poll showing Lee up 2 was extended when they were conducting the poll because their first results showed McMullin ahead, but they didn’t feel that was accurate so they extended the sample size. By all accounts this race is close, and you don’t have to look any further than how much money is pouring in. He also said McConnell quite desperately wanted Romney’s endorsement of Lee, and it didn’t happen. He said Lee is probably up, but only slightly, and the determiner will likely be how willingly Democrats are actually wanting to show up to vote in another conservative. He says he’s heard very little excitements from Dems in wanting to vote for McMullin so he’s skeptical.

Now answer the question of, why:
lol...I don't give a fat f&%$ about your insider buddy's opinion.....Lee by 8 on 11/9/22 is my guess

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom