Mr. Heater

trophyhunter

Very Active Member
Read the post where a Father and Son lost their lives do to CO2 poisoning , and basically lack of Oxygen taken away do to poor ventilation.

I have two of these Mr. Heaters, they all have built in emergency shut off sensors. The sensor senses a buildup of Carbon Monoxide and depletion of oxygen. And shut off the combustion. I have tested them closing everything up in a tent and they work.
Stay safe... and consider a Mr. Heater in enclosed spaces...and still always ventilate the area.

))))------->

Good advice.We have used Mr Heater in my brothers trailer for several yrs and have never had a problem with it.

The problem is....
If you have a problem with one, you are DEAD!

I use a Mr Heater in my Springbar, but am DAMN nervous about it all the time.

I use it for Early Morning only, just to warm up.

Still makes me nervous!

Mike
iReviewGear.com

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-14 AT 08:11PM (MST)[p]I have been trying to get opinions on a Mr. Heater in a ground blind with open windows. Not concerned about me I am wondering if Deer can detect it.
Anyone use one?
Thanks

Agree with Bowhunt, I'd only run it in am and pm for short stretches. I'd never trust a switch with my life.

We use a heater in our tent, but only run it for about 10 min before bed & in the morning to take the chill off while getting dressed. It sits atop a 5 gallon bottle & the bottle gets completely shut off when not in use.

i have lots of windows in the blind. i feel safe. interested more on whether deer can detect it.thanks

I have never thought that foreign scents spook deer. They are afraid of predators, humans, dogs, wolves, coyotes, mountain lions, bob cats. Foreign smells like diesel fuel, diesel fumes gasoline, car exhaust, bacon frying, propane fumes, woods smoke I don't think spook deer. I think people are giving them too much credit for having power of deduction.

But the more heat you put in the blind the warmer you are going to be and I think the warmer you are the more human scent you are going to put off.

That makes a lot of sense. That is exactly what i was wondering. Warming up the blind then my scent moves out with the warming current.

But if you freeze out and go home you won't kill anything either. You need to have some middle road. Don't try to keep the blind 70 degrees and sit there in your T Shirt. If it's below zero then warm it up to 20 or 30 and stay with it.

I had a friend that bought one, used it in the back of his truck and complained the next day the darn thing wasn't working right...always going out. He'd restart it. It would burn a few minutes and go out. We explained to him that it had saved his life, several times. He had a new opinion of it after that.

I've used them in my wall tent when fire danger didn't allow us to use our wood stove. We would turn both on in the AM to warm the tent, one on in the evening to keep it warm and then on low when we went to bed to keep the chill out. They use a lot of propane. 2 (5) gallons tanks last about a week at that rate.

I believe they are a good product BUT nothing warms like wood.

I have one, but have never used it in a tent. Too paranoid about emissions. However, I've used it in my garage while reloading during the winter months. I'd rather shiver all night in a tent then not wake up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom