MT 2021 Spring Bear Hunt (pics)

BOHNTR

Long Time Member
Mrs. BOHNTR and I headed to MT for a spring bear hunt the end of May/first part of June. After 4 days of blown stalks due to swirling wind, it finally came together and she arrowed this fine Bruin.......her first. One arrow did the trick and he was down 40 yards later. Not an easy pack out, but we survived. Hope you enjoy.
47B4D0C5-AC10-4032-8556-65569E09795A.jpeg
F9A3C67C-CE18-450E-8ABC-6BDC428A85FE.jpeg
008F94FC-D2C6-4F88-B651-6F843DF8D5CE.jpeg

Congrats on the great bear! Roy looks like you need to adjust those shoulder straps on the Mrs pack a little. Might be even more comfy then.

Gorgeous bear. She has a good mentor! Honest question, no sarcasm. Do you have some rich friends? Or did you work all the way in there on public? Almost all the way at the top of that peak is where I blew my acl out. I know every inch of that mountain. Congrats on the hard work followed with great success!

Gorgeous bear. She has a good mentor! Honest question, no sarcasm. Do you have some rich friends? Or did you work all the way in there on public? Almost all the way at the top of that peak is where I blew my acl out. I know every inch of that mountain. Congrats on the hard work followed with great success!

its a gorgeous place isn’t it? My wife won this access hunt for two at the P&Y auction last year. It was a DIY hunt on the 4500 acre property (Jack Creek) that borders the wilderness. You bring your food, essentials, etc., and hunt the property with your bow. Saw lots of different critters including moose, whitetail, mule deer, elk, black bears, and one grizzly.

Well that’s a cool opportunity to hunt some amazing country that very few people get access to. I spent a winter driving up and down jack creek every day for work. There was frequently Wolverine tracks on the road in the mornings. After enough years of brown nosing I got permission to bowhunt for a cow but elected to hunt public for a bull. Awesome place though.

catch and release......
When I was a kid my grandpa would take me carp fishing all of the time. There isn’t much better than fighting & catching a 20lb carp to a 10 year old kid. Those are some of my favorite memories growing up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom