MT Emily Archery elk

Aaron

My best friend drew MT Emily archery elk tag this year. We are planning on going up around sept 10th. Anyone have any good info to send us would be highly appreciated. I have helped many guys in the past on here plus been pointed the right direction many times. He burned 23 points to draw. We have realist expectations also. I like it when us hunters work together to be successful. Thanks Aaron. pm info if you would like.

It seems like one side generally get's hunted harder than the other during rifle season. I think some of that is monkey see monkey do though, in my experience there is Elk throughout. My advice for a tag like this during the rut, learn the road system, locate at night, throw a tent or tarp where you find a bull or more lighting off. Get after them in the morning. Short of having a bull or three picked out (no one is sharing that with you) just go where you hear them. It can be a tough archery hunt due to the terrain. If you can't get to them that morning or evening wait for them to hopefully repeat the process as long as they don't get disturbed. It's big country chasing elk that are going away from you is gonna be pointless 95% of the time in that country.

How's the hunt going Aaron? Stuff should be hot and heavy up there!!
came home with tag soup. called in a few small bulls. Talking elk were hard to find. my buddy wished he could have hunted it later in the season but his wife as one of the best tags in Utah for elk and his kid also has a great tag for Utah. had to get back to do those hunts. they were more import to him. gave it heck just not a good hunt during time frame he could hunt.

That's a shame this weekend is the best one of the season.

There's a picture of a bull taken a couple weeks ago out of that unit going around, or at least they say it was. not a booner but a really nice bull.

Sorry to hear the lack of action Aaron, hopefully a good time was still had.

I saw one in the back of a pickup in Roosters parking lot on memorial weekend on my way to Long Creek. Had to have been from one of the Big 3. Typical 6, and holy tiiiiiines. He was a no doubt 335+ He was filling up the bed of that truck. Not sure though what tactic they got him with, wife wouldn't let me stop to talk to him, in a hurry or something lol. Guy was standing right at the rig and everything. TOAD!!

Back
Top Bottom