Mt Goat Palisades Unit 2

inthrut

Anyone with some info with this unit??? Snow has made it a bit difficult. Have the next few days for my 15 year old to get it done. Any help would be greatly appreciated ????

They will be coming over to the hill, above the highway, right out of Alpine to eat salt off the road soon. All you need to do is glass the big granite hill from the turn out.

6C4DC245-0A73-4173-8AD3-8FB81A341C6B.jpeg

ED60FE35-32CD-4F53-8054-FF41C0AE9B6D.jpeg

I would say these are all average mature adults. To me, Montana goats seem just a little larger than ours here, but no more than 40-50# on a big billy. The stories of 350# billies are just that - mostly story!! They just look so blocky that they are hard to judge, but head on or tail on, you can see they are built fairly flat, to allow them to stand closer to the cliff walls. The kids and nannies are all similar, and much smaller.

DD4A456A-8741-4F54-86E9-8430381527D3.jpeg

Nice one. Congrats! The way to get a true perspective is in the Spring when hair is about one inch long!! :)

@inthrut
Hey, how did the hunt go? I wondered if your son had any success on his goat hunt.
We did... had to make a 2nd trip to make it happen. We have a guy from The Huntin Fool lined up to help us out but the day we got there he had to be in Salt Lake for another reason. Then informed us he had 2 elk hunter lined out once he returned. That would be the 2nd time guys form this organization has given us the run around, there won't be a 3rd..
My 15 year old killed a 9.5 inch nanny at 660yds. Killed it at the top of Ferry Peak. Spotted them 1st thing and began the hike up. Took us 3.5 hours to get where we needed to be and he made the shot. Didn't get back to the truck until 8 that night. Snow on the north slopes make things a bit interesting.
He did miss a good billy the weekend before up Red Creek. We rented horses and made it a lot further than walking.
Over all a fun hunt, I would do it again in a second.
Thanks for the info and help. going in there expecting to have some help then getting dumped on was pretty unexpected to say the least.
Good times for sure...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom