mt lions

tylercreek2

Very Active Member
Mountain Lion Attacks Hiker in Calif.

ARCATA, Calif. (AP) - Game wardens shot and killed a pair of mountain lions after a 70-year-old man was mauled while hiking in a state park, authorities said Thursday.

The man was hiking with his wife Wednesday at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park when he was attacked by a single lion, ranger Maury Morningstar said.

''The wife said she didn't see the lion until she heard her husband, and when she turned around the lion was attacking,'' Morningstar said.

Officials said the man's wife probably saved his life by beating the animal with a tree branch and stabbing it with a pen until it released him.

The man underwent surgery for lacerations on his head and body. He was hospitalized in fair condition.

Officials closed the park and released hounds to track the animal. Game wardens shot one lion late Wednesday and another Thursday.

The carcasses were flown to a state laboratory to determine whether either animal mauled the man.

The park is about 320 miles north of San Francisco

hey steve u see this ?

Thank god it wasn't me!!
MY wife wouldda let it eat me!
No way she'd beet off a mountain lion.....

I was just up that way a couple weeks ago taking photos. There is a nice big herd of elk that live in the Park.

I hear you Elkabong. My wife said that if it ever happens to us, I'm on my own. I'm still going to carry a pen with me at all times in case she changes her mind though.

They say if you are stalked or attacked to make a loud noise and throw something at the lion. I have that part covered.:)

Steve

whew I was thinking for a minute it was you eelgrass. Glad your back. I think you probably taste like Toad. Be careful what ya throw at the lion She might be catch and release. Then what?

Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom