Mt Sneffels, Ridgeway, CO.

C

cohntr6

I am heading to the other corner of the state for a family reunion in a couple days. I am not familiar with ridgeway (only drove through once before). I may hike Mt Sneffels with a uncle, anyway is there any spots to check out for sheds (I know its late in the year but I am always looking) or other places to check out deer, elk, fishing? (No I dont have a tag or am interested in honey holes of this area.) thanks, jeff

Jeff,

A lot of the wintering areas there are private. I've always seen a lot of animals on the west and south shore of Ridgeway Res in the State park. Probably been hammered by now. have fun on Sneffels, it is a 'easy' hike for a 14'er and has really great views. You probably already know this but get up early and get off the summit early, nothing like being a human lightning rod.

have fun,

BeanMan

I've done well there in Ridgway, Quite a few of the larger ranches are owned by some really friendly guys, just ask first. I bet you can find a couple different private ranches that would not mind if you kicked around their back 40 if you approach them right. I've never had any trouble getting permission to hunt private land there.

~Jeff~

Note: I'm no typo freak but as odd as it may seem there is no "E" in Ridgway. It goofs ya up on a google search of the area if you add the "E". The local ISP there is "ridgway.net" When e-mailing some of the people I've met there I always got my e-mails returned until I learned that.

Hey thanks you 3. Hopefully I will have some pictures, stories to post when I get back! thanks again1
JEFF

Had a great time. hopefully I can get some pictures on here tomorrow. I went to the place you told me cooter even though I missed your email on thursday. tHATS FUNNY. I didnt hike up Mt Sneffels but fished at lower blue. saw some monster deer in the low (private country) as well as a big bull. My brother got pictures of the bucks but it will be weeks before I see a copy as he lives in idaho. Monday (yesterday) I got to help a buddy on his sheep hunt that started...but that is for another post....
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom