Mule deer back to the High Country.

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
So here in Northern Utah I think the bucks will be back to their high-country haunts in no more than 3 weeks. What about in your guys' neck of the woods?

I don't think they left the high country, I live down around Mt. Nebo, very little snow to offer this year it's pretty much all gone besides the tip tip top it looks like.

We don't have any deer in Oregon, but if we did I would assume they would be makeing their way up anytime now. Everything looks lush green at the moment.

>I don't think they left the
>high country, I live down
>around Mt. Nebo, very little
>snow to offer this year
>it's pretty much all gone
>besides the tip tip top
>it looks like.

Top of payson still has quite a bit of snow.

Of course they left the high country. There's no feed for them past about the first part of November. Last pics I got on my cams around 8500' were November 10. Still haven't had any animals show up yet. Around 7000' the elk started moving in around the first of may. Lots of deer herds in Utah and Wyoming migrate whether there's snow or not. It's just what they do. Some areas will be completely void of deer and elk until July

LAST EDITED ON May-20-18 AT 09:56AM (MST)[p]Winter range is 8500ft here. Summer is 11,000-13,000.

I spent a few days on the Nebo last week & the deer/elk have definitely moved back into the high country.

Saw some Bucks and several does above Cedar City at the 9000' this last weekend. There was still alittle snow in the dark timber area's NOT much green up yet.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom