mule deer count ?

huntercameron

i was wondering how many mule deer bucks have you killed since you were born or started hunting ? also your doe count ? personallly i have killed 3 mule deer bucks all three northern rifle utah . i havent got the chance to kill a doe .... im sure you old people hAVE KILLED ANY WHERE FROM 10 TO 50 BUCKS. WHATS YOUR BUCK AND DOE COUNT ?

12 bucks. No does. Only started deer hunting 3 years ago, and have all the mounts/racks right in front of me, so it was easy to count lol.

If my count is right 31 bucks, no doe's. But if we are only counting 200" bucks I'm at 0.

Killed my First buck at 15. I am 38 now.

I am right around 30 bucks, lost count about a year ago. About 5 does. Lived in Virginia for 4 years for school and that definitely helped boost the numbers..I’m 30 killed my first buck at 17 in Komifornia. We eat a ton of venison and supplement with pigs, ducks, and fish. Trying to become less of a meat hunter and more of a trophy hunter but old habits die hard.

I am right around 30 bucks, lost count about a year ago. About 5 does. Lived in Virginia for 4 years for school and that definitely helped boost the numbers..I’m 30 killed my first buck at 17 in Komifornia. We eat a ton of venison and supplement with pigs, ducks, and fish. Trying to become less of a meat hunter and more of a trophy hunter but old habits die hard.
sweet !

At least 7 bucks in maybe 21 years of actual mule deer hunting, with tags in multiple states some years and no tags other years. Took first muley buck on an unsuccessful pronghorn hunt when I was about 32, which was a cool surprise. Seems like my best efforts and opportunities fall short of my goals, but I‘ve learned a few things and I’ll keep trying.

I have Five - with one on the wall not huge, just an epic hunt, and not sure how many doe? They eat better my opinion. When I see a monster buck hunting with a doe tag, it’s fun to watch!

5 mule deer bucks, 4 with a bow, 1 with a muzzleloader.

I elk hunted growing up and didn't have much interest in deer. I still love elk hunting but am starting to do more mule deer hunting. Wish I would have done it backward, I would have been better off killing big bucks 20 years ago and elk hunting is currently in the middle of the good ole days.

Wife says too many!
I say not enough!!!

I would guess +/- 50 muley bucks and 0 does with rifle. Been hutting since I was 12 and I'm 57 now. I would have to go out in the garage and count from the pile, but I've shot 1-2 about every year with a rifle (a few years with no tag). Another 8 bucks with archery.

Probably another 20 whitetail bucks with a rifle and about 15 with a bow.

1 buck and around 15 does. Started on depredation tags when I was 12 and have shot at least 3 every year. The first 10 or 11 was all with my 223, and I ain’t lost one yet. Hopefully I can add 3 more does and a buck this year and continue the tradition of not loosing one.
Being able to give a lot of the meat away to people who need it/want it makes it that much better.

1 buck and around 15 does. Started on depredation tags when I was 12 and have shot at least 3 every year. The first 10 or 11 was all with my 223, and I ain’t lost one yet. Hopefully I can add 3 more does and a buck this year and continue the tradition of not loosing one.
Being able to give a lot of the meat away to people who need it/want it makes it that much better.
just curious.....where is there a mule deer herd that can need that amount of doe killing?

muleys: 12 bucks and 3 doe in about 17 years of hunting the west. Whitetails around 35 at last count , mostly does and spikes with archery in FL from age 10 to 31.

9 bucks and 1 doe. The only mule deer I've killed in CA was the doe and one of the best hunts I've ever been on.

i was wondering how many mule deer bucks have you killed since you were born or started hunting ? also your doe count ? personallly i have killed 3 mule deer bucks all three northern rifle utah . i havent got the chance to kill a doe .... im sure you old people hAVE KILLED ANY WHERE FROM 10 TO 50 BUCKS. WHATS YOUR BUCK AND DOE COUNT ?
I have killed 20 or so bucks, but most were little 2 points with my bow when i was younger. Only 5 hit the 2ft mark. I killed 1 doe with my bow when i was 14. It's funny to think back when we were younger and all we wanted to do was kill anything with antlers.

Wife says too many!
I say not enough!!!

I would guess +/- 50 muley bucks and 0 does with rifle. Been hutting since I was 12 and I'm 57 now. I would have to go out in the garage and count from the pile, but I've shot 1-2 about every year with a rifle (a few years with no tag). Another 8 bucks with archery.

Probably another 20 whitetail bucks with a rifle and about 15 with a bow.
Cleaned out the garage and the shed this weekend. Between both of those and the ones on the wall, I came up with 62 mule deer racks. I drew early season Colorado and should draw another rifle tag in my home state of SD and will get an archery tag this year. So hopefully make 65 this fall. Most importantly, I'm hoping to be able to get to go on many more high country trips and help my three sons on their hunts before I'm too old to chase my favorite species. Hope to have many more years left even though I'm 57.

Funny thing is, I can forget something my wife told me yesterday, but I look at every rack and remember the story behind each and every hunt like it was yesterday. I wish my dad was till around to share the hunts with!

Cleaned out the garage and the shed this weekend. Between both of those and the ones on the wall, I came up with 62 mule deer racks. I drew early season Colorado and should draw another rifle tag in my home state of SD and will get an archery tag this year. So hopefully make 65 this fall. Most importantly, I'm hoping to be able to get to go on many more high country trips and help my three sons on their hunts before I'm too old to chase my favorite species. Hope to have many more years left even though I'm 57.

Funny thing is, I can forget something my wife told me yesterday, but I look at every rack and remember the story behind each and every hunt like it was yesterday. I wish my dad was till around to share the hunts with
should be in the past tense. Should say knew what party hunting was. Better not do it now.
Most mothers were excellent shots. Some could even hit a buck from a hundred miles away.

Does that include party hunting buck? If you have hunted mule deer and lived long enough you know what party hunting is. :)
Yes I know that means and none of them were party hunted.
I hope that wasn't an accusation.

If you do the math I have hunted for 45 years. In my home state until recent years, you could draw a rifle buck tag every year. Add in 8 with a bow and several out of state hunts and it is not too hard to come up with 62.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom