Mule Deer CWMU recommendations and thoughts

340Wby

All right fellow hunters, looking for thoughtful recommendations on the following CWMU for mule deer (not in any order)

1. Deseret
2. Ensign ranches
3. Two Bear

Which would you hunt?
Why do you recommend the unit?
Is there one that I am overlooking?
Any other relevant information that you care to share? Thanks

There are a lot of factors to consider when hunting a CWMU. How many points do you have? Can you scout the CWMU prior to the start of the season? (most CWMUs you cannot scout preseason), When does the operator allow public hunters to hunt?

If you are near 20 bonus points, then I would recommend Alton because of trophy quality, but it is a very hard CWMU to draw.

I would recommend narrowing down the CWMUs you are interested in and then contacting the operators that manage the hunting to get more information. It is also important to know how many private tags do they have vs public tags. The private tag holders will generally get the best dates to hunt.

Thanks for the feedback. Am/will do much of what you have suggested. Appreciate the note. thanks

I only have experience with your #1 and can say there are some great bucks on it. They have treated us great on cow elk and doe antelope hunts in the past. Haven't been to the other two only looked at them online and on the hunt planner.

In the past, the CWMU had a rating system that was extremely helpful with a lot of great info. I used it to narrow down potential CWMUs and how they treated the public hunters in the past on where to put my boys in when they were starting out toohunt.

I know Two Bear & Ensign have some GREAT bucks on them...
(I'm sure Deseret does as well).

I know one of the guys that guides on Two Bear, so I'm familiar with that unit somewhat (although I haven't seen any pictures of deer from there this year).

I've seen several awesome bucks from Ensign this year.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom