Mule Deer Hunting with 90* degree temps?????

blktailslayer

I'll be leaving on Sunday to Sonora on my first hunt in old Mexico. Looking at the forecast it looks like it will be in the 90's with a low in the 50's. Is that normal? I'm sure it will affect deer movement, has anybody hunted downthere when its 90? Any advice?

Will they still be rutting?

I was their on Jan 2-9 and it was cool in the mornings and by the afternoon it was 70-80 degrees. The buck's were just started to rut when I left, I saw a few good buck's with does and shot a nice 31 1/2 buck on the 4th day of the hunt. If you find does I would concentrate on that area.

Sunscreen and a lot of water!! It was like that when I was there a couple of weeks ago. They didn't move long after sunrise and didn't move until very late, maybe 30 min before dark. I stayed out all day high racking though. We got off the roads and drove out through the flats looking and found bucks that were bedded. If we spotted a good one but didnt get a shot, we tracked him once we knew what we were following. It wasn't easy but it was fun... Good Luck!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Mexico Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy Sonoran mule deer and coues deer on over 400,000 acres of private ground.

DIY Coues Deer Hunts

Hunt 20k acre private ranch in Sonora for coues bucks ranging in the 100" class. Email Michael at [email protected].

Sonora Outfitters

We hunt on some of the best ranches in Sonora - known for holding trophy Desert Bighorn Sheep and trophy Mule Deer.

MADD Hunts

DIY coues buck hunts on 30 sq. miles of archery only, private lands. Nice accomodations, along with information and photos.

Back
Top Bottom