Mule deer, Utah, Pine Valley unit, General rifle

JeffLS

I’ll be hunting in 2020 in Utah for mule deer in the pine valley unit, in mid October, any suggestions on what areas To hunt and any migration route maps for that area?

Get ahold of the local biologist and find out where those migration routes are and then send me a PM. At that point, I'll discuss how to hunt each one.

Start as high as you can, glass glass and glass three days before season, move down in elevation if you aren’t finding them.

1597010498796.png

I wish you luck with this one. Only because I think the Southern Utah boys would rather give up a child than give anyone good advice on one of their good general units. That is the hotbed of the most passionate mule deer hunters that exist that I have found.

It’s great deer country, I hope you do well!

I wish you luck with this one. Only because I think the Southern Utah boys would rather give up a child than give anyone good advice on one of their good general units. That is the hotbed of the most passionate mule deer hunters that exist that I have found.

It’s great deer country, I hope you do well!
Yea, thanks

I’ve learned to just ask basic questions , camp spots, deer numbers if an Atv is needed , etc , Asking for a starting point is tough because someone isn’t going to do all the foot work and hand it over on a silver platter which I’m sure you understand, I think the biologist is a good place to start then just get high And grind Ur A** off , I know some great bucks come out of there , good luck , you’ll get em

I'm headed there in Thursday for the next 9 days ....ill see what I can come up with. I think i have a "plan". Any local boys wanna PM me, id be happy to run my plan by you and see what you think. Long haul from Western Wisconsin ☺??

Thanks all of you, I have previously talk to the biologist and conservation officer and got some starting info...was just try to narrow things down. We will not be using ATVs to access the hunt area and we usually backpack into an area to get away from the crowds. Utah hills, gold strike and Goat Springs areas have come up and have been looking more towards goat springs, Since we thought it would fit our style of hunting better possibly?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom