Muley BUSTED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess even if you are “the great muley hunter ” Ryan Hatch you still can’t shoot a deer in one state and put a tag on it from another state and get away with it! I hope he never hunts again!
36F002F9-5257-45FB-8D84-7E29D411C9B2.jpeg

So I guess even if you are “the great muley hunter ” Ryan Hatch you still can’t shoot a deer in one state and put a tag on it from another state and get away with it! I hope he never hunts again! View attachment 46052
Wait a minute. You don't think this says more about you then this Ryan Hatch dude????? You come on here with a screen shot of something and nothing else and start yelling ,"I hope he never hunts again!". And this is your first ever post here??????

Yeah bro. You seem like a stable sort of dude. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute. You don't think this says more about you then this Ryan Hatch dude????? You come on here with a screen shot of something and nothing else and start yelling ,"I hope he never hunts again!". And this is your first ever post here??????

Yeah bro. You seem like a stable sort of dude. :rolleyes:
Oh shoot the poacher defender is here ? Just like clock work.

The resentment toward these guys flows from their oversized egos and their oversized influence in the hunting world. If they are going to credited with being a spokesman for hunters and outdoorsmen, they better walk the talk.

Thanks for posting this, and no sympathy for the perp from me.

I assume there is a good amount of evidence against him or it would not have gotten this far.. I think anyone who breaks the law in any way should be punished, especially those who profit from it. I had a watch a 180 whitetail 10 feet on the other side of the fence last year and came home empty handed.. Guys driving deer hundreds of miles should get piss pounded.

But hey, if he's innocent he's innocent. I speak in general here.

I agree with TriState. I don’t have a problem with postings sharing the court dates and the charges. However, I think we should withhold our comments regarding the guilt or innocence until the court makes its decision.

If anyone of us was charged with a crime I would think we would hope the public wouldn’t try and convict us until the facts where presented.

I recognize some folks past cause us to assume their guilt but why not give the guy the benefit of hearing the details of the charges before we roast him on a public forum.

I’m guessing that’s the point Tri is always trying to make whenever these legal discussions make their way here.

I agree with TriState. I don’t have a problem with postings sharing the court dates and the charges. However, I think we should withhold our comments regarding the guilt or innocence until the court makes its decision.

If anyone of us was charged with a crime I would think we would hope the public wouldn’t try and convict us until the facts where presented.

I recognize some folks past cause us to assume their guilt but why not give the guy the benefit of hearing the details of the charges before we roast him on a public forum.

I’m guessing that’s the point Tri is always trying to make whenever these legal discussions make their way here.
Well, I guess I’m just jaded. I don’t have nearly the reverence for a system where crimes are pleaded to “restitution” and a settlement where neither side admits guilt.

The outcome doesn’t always represent accurately what happened.

Anything can happen in the world of giant mule deer nowadays everybody wants one and those that are lucky enough to harvest one there's a whole bunch of people that get jealous and start making up stories so I think I'll wait and see what the the courts say

Thanks for the understanding 2Lumpy.

I'm not defending Ryan Hatch or what he may or may not have done. I am perfectly fine with the criminal justice system moving forward with this and justice being served whether the outcome is "guilty" or "not guilty".

My issue is that something is fundamentally wrong with someone wishing for him to suffer. That's not how gentleman or professionals should behave, and I think we as hunters and sportsmen should behave as gentlemen and professionals.

Can you imagine meeting someone for the very first time and the second sentence you ever hear out of his mouth is about how he hopes something really bad happens to someone else?????? Any normal person would probably conclude its best to stay away and not associate themselves with someone like that. But here on the internet people do that and it seems a bunch of other people just pat him on the back and say "yeah!".

What is just as amazing to me is we are talking about a person that the OP probably doesn't even know on a personal level, doesn't know any evidence entered in the case, with variables that in reality took absolutely nothing from the OP. And yet he "hopes" for great loss to this other person. That's not normal folks.

I am completely fine with you guys believing whatever it is you want, hell there are people in this world that at this very moment identify as a transgender goat, and that’s ok you do you!! However there is one thing I do know is a case doesn’t get to this point by simply a couple rumors, or assumptions. I do not like to see people out there robbing opportunities from you and I, and cheating the system that I follow. I also feel that if you break the law in these ways you should be punished to the full extent…

Well, I guess I’m just jaded. I don’t have nearly the reverence for a system where crimes are pleaded to “restitution” and a settlement where neither side admits guilt.

The outcome doesn’t always represent accurately what happened.
Blue, I agree with your logic. You’re a guy with a ton on horse sense. I just try to put myself in other peoples position and I would hope I’d get the benefit of the doubt before I got fried. Even if I’d been guilty as charge, in the past. We’re at point however that we’ve allow too many people, too many chances to correct their bad behavior to the degree that we are all assuming they are at it again.

I just think we aught to make sure the “system” decided guilty or innocent first, then we can all agree to disagree.

Personally I think OJ Simpson killed them but the one court said there wasn’t enough evidence. They were wrong. After I heard the evidence, I believe he did it....... I don’t think vigilante justice is a world I’d care to live in. But, we seem to be hell bent on going there these days. Courts are the cause!!!

Is it possible that the deer was actually shot in one state and then hauled ass with what little air it had left in its lungs and died in another state? Or was this guy like ten miles into a different state? Anyone know more info about it than what little the screen shot shares?

Hard to say what happened? For what it is worth I have never heard a bad thing about him. Kinda opposite I have heard of more than 1 person that just stopped by and he put them on good deer. No excuse if he did break the law, but it's a whole lot different than the WLH BS

This news sucks to me… He’s always been really helpful and good to me. I know, usually where there’s smoke, there’s fire…..

I just noticed their website doesn’t offer the magazine anymore. I used to get that subscription when I was younger.

Is it possible that the deer was actually shot in one state and then hauled ass with what little air it had left in its lungs and died in another state? Or was this guy like ten miles into a different state? Anyone know more info about it than what little the screen shot shares?

83C30DB8-D7E0-4D0B-8677-C68CB2766C6C.gif

I have nothing bad to say, and hope it's not true. Doing some research it looks like he got into some hot water over his chute plane a few years back. It happens too often, big bucks make guys do stupid things. Even more when ego, and business gets intertwined. Good luck to Ryan.

How many times did you speed or run a red light before you were caught? How many times did it take you to get caught twice? This is Ryan's second go round with the law for illegally taking a mule deer. He was convicted the first time and may very well be convicted again. If he has only poached twice in his life and was caught both times then it would seem that the odds are against him and he has some pretty bad luck.

While there is absolutely no excuse for any hunter to break or bend the laws, IMO those few high profile individuals that make a living from hunting, guiding or teaching others about hunting whether in Video or print media are influential to many mostly young would be trophy hunters. What kind of message does this send to them, that anything goes for a trophy animal?

The poor examples of Hatch, Lemmon and others that have shown this behavior has a much greater negative ripple effect than the average Joe under the same circumstances. This causes an even greater long term damage (not to mention fuel for the anti-hunting crowd) and as such should receive an even larger sentence if convicted.

A lifetime ban from hunting, guiding or even making a dollar from hunting in any form would be an appropriate sentence if convicted a second time.

Those brow tines alone would score bigger than anything I've ever seen. Wonder if it was a Paunsaugunt buck?

A complete disgrace for someone in his position... if true?
Jeezus - eye guards don’t get any better

This is likely Hatch's last encounter:

OPERATION NAVAJO BUCK

The U.S. Attorney's Office and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service have announced the sentencing of 11 individuals for violating federal wildlife laws stemming from an investigation dubbed "Operation Navajo Buck." The 11 paid a total of $84,000 in fines, restitution and penalties, along with one aircraft forfeited to the court.

The investigation which began in 1998, focused on several big game guides based in Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico, who were suspected of unlawfully using aircraft prior to and during hunting seasons to locate deer and elk for hunting clients in northern Arizona. The investigation also focused on illegal guiding and hunting on the Navajo Indian Reservation.

The following individuals were convicted of federal criminal violations for unlawful hunting on the Navajo Indian Reservation and sentenced as follows:

Mule deer videographer Ryan S. Hatch, Kanab, UT, was convicted of a criminal violation of the Lacey Act related to the taking of a mule deer on the Navajo Indian Reservation in 1997. Hatch was sentenced to five years probation and ordered to pay a $1,000 fine.

Steven Stayner, Mesa, AZ, was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine. A Federal civil action seeking the forfeiture of a powered parachute aircraft owned by Stayner is currently being litigated for alleged violations of the Airborne Hunting Act.

Kenneth Clint Heiber, Red Bluff, CA, was ordered to pay a $5,000 fine and $25,000 restitution to the Navajo Department of Wildlife. In addition Heiber was ordered to abandon a trophy mule deer killed on the Navajo Indian Reservation in December 1997, and subsequently seized by Agents of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in March of 2000.

Daniel Smith, Jr., San Jose, CA, was ordered to pay a $5,000 fine and $25,000 restitution to the Navajo Fish and Wildlife Department. In a related civil action, a 1998 Buckeye powered parachute valued at approximately $10,000 was forfeited to the government.

Joseph Aggi, Red Bluff, CA, was ordered to pay a $2,000 fine and ordered not to hunt for a period of two years.

Samuel S. Jaksick, Jr., Reno, NV, was ordered to pay a $4,500 fine and $7,500 restitution to the Navajo Department of Wildlife.

Julius Fontuna, Phoenix, AZ, was ordered to pay a fine of $2,500.

A. Paul Stewart, Phoenix, AZ, was ordered to pay a fine of $2,500. A federal civil action seeking forfeiture of a powered parachute aircraft owned by Stewart for alleged violations of the Airborne Hunting Act, is currently being litigated.

The following individuals paid Federal Violation Notices for unlawful hunting on the
Navajo Indian Reservation as follows:
Daniel Smith, III, San José, CA - $5,000
Larry Nicolds, Garland - $5,000
Mark LeFeyre, Tropic, UT

The federal Lacey Act makes it unlawful to transport, sell, receive, acquire or purchase wildlife which was taken, transported, possessed, or sold in violation of state, federal, or indian tribal laws or regulations. Violations carry maximum fines of up to $250,000 for a person, $500,000 for a corporation, and up to five years in prison. All vehicles and aircraft used in violation of the Lacey Act are subject to forfeiture.

The federal Airborne Hunting Act makes it unlawful to shoot animals from an aircraft or to harass animals with an aircraft. The Airborne Hunting Act Regulations prohibits a person, while on the ground, from taking or attempting to take wildlife by means, aid, or use of an aircraft. Maximum penalty for violations of the Airborne Hunting Act include fines of up to $100,000 for a person, and $200,000 for a corporation, and one year in prison.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service conducted the investigation with assistance from the Arizona Game and Fish Department and the Navajo Department of Wildlife. The prosecution was handled by Assistant Paul V. Rood and Camille Bibles of the U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Arizona, Phoenix.

The investigation that led to the convictions was conducted by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), Division of Law Enforcement, with SA Kevin Ellis as the case agent. He received assistance from the Arizona Game and Fish Department and the Navajo Department of Fish and Wildlife. Numerous agents from several regions and state officers helped with surveillance, undercover work, search warrant preparation and execution, interviews, trial preparation, and property inventories. SA Ellis was presented with a plaque for "Appreciation of his wildlife conservation efforts in Arizona" given to him from the FWS agents stationed in Arizona before his departure to Colorado.

You gonna answer the question Cooper? By the way we ain't talking about armed robbery and getaway drivers.

I’m with tri. We don’t know **** on what happened.

what if Hatch was in the right unit glassing for his buddy and the hunter wondered away across the boundary and seen the buck and shot! Could be that Hatch wasn’t technically involved but his buddy got him involved.

How many times did you speed or run a red light before you were caught? How many times did it take you to get caught twice? This is Ryan's second go round with the law for illegally taking a mule deer. He was convicted the first time and may very well be convicted again. If he has only poached twice in his life and was caught both times then it would seem that the odds are against him and he has some pretty bad luck.

While there is absolutely no excuse for any hunter to break or bend the laws, IMO those few high profile individuals that make a living from hunting, guiding or teaching others about hunting whether in Video or print media are influential to many mostly young would be trophy hunters. What kind of message does this send to them, that anything goes for a trophy animal?

The poor examples of Hatch, Lemmon and others that have shown this behavior has a much greater negative ripple effect than the average Joe under the same circumstances. This causes an even greater long term damage (not to mention fuel for the anti-hunting crowd) and as such should receive an even larger sentence if convicted.

A lifetime ban from hunting, guiding or even making a dollar from hunting in any form would be an appropriate sentence if convicted a second time.
"While there is absolutely no excuse for any hunter to break or bend the laws,"

Actually this is untrue.

" What kind of message does this send to them, that anything goes for a trophy animal?"

It sends a message you should try and obey the law.

"The poor examples of Hatch, Lemmon and others that have shown this behavior has a much greater negative ripple effect than the average Joe under the same circumstances."

What poor example of "Lemmon"? You mean the guy who runs a really good hunting business for the past 40 something years. I fail to see how he is a poor example.

"This causes an even greater long term damage (not to mention fuel for the anti-hunting crowd) and as such should receive an even larger sentence if convicted."

What long term damage????? Maybe to his pocketbook and liberties but that's really about it. As for "fuel for the anti-hunting community", ARE YOU SERIOUS? DO you know how the antis work???? They don't gain any ground by vilifying criminals. They attack and vilify legal hunting. Go look at their websites and facebook pages. The biggest victory they ever had was demonizing a legally killed lion. People aren't going to get their driving privileges taken away because of a wreck at Talladega, and hunting won't get shut down because game laws get broken. Politicians know it and the antis know politicians know it.

Basically I can tell you don't really now how things work in life.

Hopefully you study up on law before you take the case, good luck Private Investigator Tri?
You honestly don't know do you. :ROFLMAO: You literally don't know anything besides a couple of screen shots from a phone.:ROFLMAO:

You are just jabbing away with no clue what you are jabbing at.

Depends whose crosshairs you are in. Read Title 23-20 for all the ways to get charged and what category they fall into, and there is an awful lot of interpretation allowed.

So, I don't do social media. Anybody got more to share on this story? Like the public docs that were filed--at least I'd be able to read the allegations.

I’ve always known Ryan to be a pretty decent guy. It’s sad to think he may have fallen off the wagon again!
IF he is guilty he deserves to be punished.
I will be anxiously waiting for more details of what he is charged with.
And what all the facts are.
If anyone has any more factual info please post it!

Honestly that buck really isn’t that impressive for a guy like Hamberlin to take a chance on!
He has killed some bucks that totally blow that one out of the water.
And so has Ryan for that matter.

Honestly that buck really isn’t that impressive for a guy like Hamberlin to take a chance on!
He has killed some bucks that totally blow that one out of the water.
And so has Ryan for that matter.
True but it’s still over 220….

I know but it’s so dang fun giving him crap. He’s probably a cool dude to hunt with

"While there is absolutely no excuse for any hunter to break or bend the laws,"

Actually this is untrue.

" What kind of message does this send to them, that anything goes for a trophy animal?"

It sends a message you should try and obey the law.

"The poor examples of Hatch, Lemmon and others that have shown this behavior has a much greater negative ripple effect than the average Joe under the same circumstances."

What poor example of "Lemmon"? You mean the guy who runs a really good hunting business for the past 40 something years. I fail to see how he is a poor example.

"This causes an even greater long term damage (not to mention fuel for the anti-hunting crowd) and as such should receive an even larger sentence if convicted."

What long term damage????? Maybe to his pocketbook and liberties but that's really about it. As for "fuel for the anti-hunting community", ARE YOU SERIOUS? DO you know how the antis work???? They don't gain any ground by vilifying criminals. They attack and vilify legal hunting. Go look at their websites and facebook pages. The biggest victory they ever had was demonizing a legally killed lion. People aren't going to get their driving privileges taken away because of a wreck at Talladega, and hunting won't get shut down because game laws get broken. Politicians know it and the antis know politicians know it.

Basically I can tell you don't really now how things work in life.
Let me get this right, I said that there is no excuse for hunters to break or bend the laws and you claim this is untrue? I would sure like to hear why you think it's okay to hunt illegally.

Lemmon does not run a really good hunting business. He may run a profitable hunting business but he is not afraid to do the unethical or illegal to make his high dollar clients happy. You claim that you fail to see how he is a poor example. You might not think that shooting animals in the wrong unit is a poor example but I for one think this falls into the poor example category (I hope everyone else here can chime in whether that was a poor example or not). How about taking a client hunting and then lying about it so that his client can get another tag? Is that a good example? I personally don't think so but maybe I'm wrong. What do the rest of you think, was that a good example? Were his actions justifiable because he makes money from them or are there other reasons that this is okay to do?

How in the world can you even remotely compare a Nascar race "Talladega" to anything I said? I used running red lights and speeding as examples of illegal behavior and comparing that to the crime of poaching. I probably should have used the example of you raping sheep instead of moving violations so that you could follow along. My point being that as a general rule people get away with these behaviors more often than they get caught. So with Hatch already having two convictions under his belt (I forgot about the Reservation incident) and a third one pending, it is probably safe to say these three times aren't the only ones.

The long term damage I spoke of wasn't damage to Ryan's pocketbook, liberties or anything else of his, although I do hope and expect this to ruin him. The long term damage that is being done is to hunting itself. Like it or not Ryan is a role model to his magazine subscribers, video watchers and every kid that gets his autograph on those at the hunting expos because he is sending a message that it is okay to poach.

You are right about one thing. Hunting won't get shut down because game laws are broken and poaching happens, but there are a lot fewer trophies alive and left to hunt because of this crap which not only robs legal hunters but hurts wildlife as well.

Yes I do know how things work in life. I also know that things in life don't work the same way for everyone. There are those that try to do things the right way in life and then there are those that do things in life whether it is right or wrong as long as it benefits them. It's pretty obvious you fall into the latter group of how things work in life and I doubt I'm the only one here that would choose to never hunt or associate with a P.O.S. like you.

I know I often find myself charged for crimes I didn't commit after having been found previously guilty of similar crimes.

He should of been smarter, when caught, quickly offer bear hunts to the DWR brass, it gets you out of some pretty tight jams(like shooting sheep in closed units)

I don't know the dude. But I can imagine coming home to tell the MRS. I could see jail, am being charged as a felon, am going to have to empty the savings account for fines, and I lost my job,........ For a deer. Not a bank robbery. Not a good Ponzi scheme that enriched the family. A DEER. That's a real uncomfortable conversation I'm guessing.

There you go Deadibob. Spending all that time banging away on the keys, trying to prove you have a clue when you don't. Even begging for other people to "chime" in because you don't have any confidence in your own ramblings.

But you did say something very profound and brought everything right back to where this conversation needs to be and why I posted in the first place.

" although I do hope and expect this to ruin him."

Why? Why do you take time from your day to hope "ruin" upon others????? I don't hope anything bad happens to you. I don't spend time imagining bad things happening to anyone on these forums. I hope for rain in the west, international travel to return, and God's will be done. You sit around and hope for someone else's "ruin". That's messed up. Don't do that.

Jeez…..I was under a rock and didn’t know about the rez thing. I know for a fact one of the other guys in that thing falls into the repeat category.

MuleyCrazy Magazine was founded in 1992 by Ryan Hatch in Kanab, Utah. As a die-hard mule deer hunter and very successful guide, he began producing the best-selling MuleyCrazy Video Series, which now includes 10 videos featuring some of the largest bucks ever filmed.

To satisfy the huge public demand to see more giant muleys, Ryan and his wife, Alicia, started MuleyCrazy Magazine in 2002. Since then, distribution has grown immensely, with subscribers all over the United States, as well as Mexico and Canada. https://www.muleycrazy.com/about.html

I do hope it ruins him because he is a habitual poacher so yes F*&K Ryan Hatch. I won't apologize for it. His criminal behavior has been a part of his success in the Mule Deer world. He is just another Kirk Darner. We've no clue what he did as a minor but he was convicted of poaching a large muley on the Paunsagaunt back in the 80's when he was 18 or 19 and it appears he hasn't changed his methods, so yeah Fugg him!

You seem to think poaching is okay and I understand why you do. You are just another Texas arsehole who makes his out of state hunting pilgrimage and by damn you spent your money and you're gonna shoot something. It doesn't matter if it's a deer, elk, horse or cow. You have zero ethics. The reason I mentioned others to chime in (and hardly begged so) is so that you can see how far off base your thought process is. You are always on the wrong side of an argument here on M.M.; Once again I would ask for other opinions on that but a quick history of your posts here will confirm that. You're just another loud mouth Texan.

And this is what I mean fellas.

One thing I have been happy about is in the past few months I have seen some new youngsters on the forums. That makes me really happy. It gets old having the same old timers be the only ones posting about mule deer and hunting. So then I get to thinking ,"Hey we are part of what these impressionable hunters think of other hunters". What do they see here. Honestly, a bunch of childish behavior.

Deadibob, you talk about role models sending messages of it's okay to poach. No they aren't. I've never seen a single one of the hunting celebrities that have been convicted of a wildlife violation EVER tell their viewers it's alright to poach. However you get on these forums and start ranting and raving with your ignorant bigotry AND THAT DOES EFFECT THESE YOUNG READERS unless somebody speaks up and says your childish behavior has no place amongst sportsmen and hunters.

I do hope it ruins him because he is a habitual poacher so yes F*&K Ryan Hatch. I won't apologize for it. His criminal behavior has been a part of his success in the Mule Deer world. He is just another Kirk Darner. We've no clue what he did as a minor but he was convicted of poaching a large muley on the Paunsagaunt back in the 80's when he was 18 or 19 and it appears he hasn't changed his methods, so yeah Fugg him!

You seem to think poaching is okay and I understand why you do. You are just another Texas arsehole who makes his out of state hunting pilgrimage and by damn you spent your money and you're gonna shoot something. It doesn't matter if it's a deer, elk, horse or cow. You have zero ethics. The reason I mentioned others to chime in (and hardly begged so) is so that you can see how far off base your thought process is. You are always on the wrong side of an argument here on M.M.; Once again I would ask for other opinions on that but a quick history of your posts here will confirm that. You're just another loud mouth Texan.
I am from Texas and come to your state almost yearly to hunt and follow your state rules as I try to follow every state's rules that I hunt in. Your blanket statement about Texans is about as factual as the rest of your post.

Seems to me that about a year or so ago there was a similar thread about Gregg Ritz and a whitetail buck. Everyone wanted him burnt at the stake; never did hear how his case was resolved. Anyone have any details of the outcome of Ritz’s trial or proceedings?

I am from Texas and come to your state almost yearly to hunt and follow your state rules as I try to follow every state's rules that I hunt in. Your blanket statement about Texans is about as factual as the rest of your post.
True, I am guilty of making that stereotypical statement about Texans and shouldn't have included all Texans as unethical so my apologies to those don't fall in that category but there is a reason that stereotype is out there. I also didn't coin the derogatory term "TEXAS HEART SHOT" but it is out there none the less.

If you follow all the rules which is good to here then why do you defend the opposite? (Sorry about accusing you of defending poaching with this last sentence. I didn't look close enough as to who posted this comment and thought it was still Tri.)

Last edited:
True, I am guilty of making that stereotypical statement about Texans and shouldn't have included all Texans as unethical so my apologies to those don't fall in that category but there is a reason that stereotype is out there. I also didn't coin the derogatory term "TEXAS HEART SHOT" but it is out there none the less.

If you follow all the rules which is good to here then why do you defend the opposite? (Sorry about accusing you of defending poaching with this last sentence. I didn't look close enough as to who posted this comment and thought it was still Tri.)
Yes sir, was only defending myself and fellow Texans that follow the rules. I am 100% against poachers from any state.

I agree with deadibob, especially in a case where an individual spends his career shouting "Hey, look at me, see what an awesome hunter I am. Don't you wish you could be like me?" And again especially when they don't seem to learn from past mistakes.

I don't want to ruin his life if he's guilty, I just want him to fade away from the hunting community and be branded an enemy of hunting.

We will learn the truth soon enough, and I trust law enforcement, the courts, and our jury system to decide.

If anything, this situation reveals how Americans have become fixated on celebrity, and never bother to distinguish celebrity from achievement. Hatch is just another guy. If guilty, just another poacher. He should never have been imagined as anything larger than that.

DeadiBob is clearly another troll, who rides the cancel-culture bus. I would have expected a little more grace from my fellow sportsman.
There’s no excuse for breaking the law, with intent, and certainly anyone high profile should be more than careful, as the consequences for them will always be bigger, and more embarrassing. I’d bet that 90% of us has, unintentionally broken a law or 2 in the field, and not been caught. Careful about casting stones and participating in “Canceling Ryan”.
As I said he, and Alicia have always been good to me, and I have heard many first hand accounts of Ryan helping guys that he never had to help, in a meaningful way, when they had tags in his backyard.
Another observation… I have never once seen a video, or read an article about Ryan highlighting one of his personal hunts, or boasting about how great of a hunter he is. His content is always about someone else’s experience, and his passion for Special Mule Deer bucks. There are plenty out there that spend their energy showcasing their own prowess. I’ve never personally seen him in that group.

I personally wish him the best, and hope that he learns from the incident and grows from the experience.

A person can do many good things but still end up doing something bad. We will find out more details over time.

It would make many of us sick if we really knew about all the mule deer that are poached every year. If he is guilty, I don't have any sympathy for him and I hope he isn't legally allowed to hunt or join any hunts for at least 10 years. Since I don't know the details, I'll hold back the rest of my comments for the moment.

This whole situation saddens me. I don't see any winners coming out of this. Some might be pleased with the outcome, but I still just get a heartache. We will know more on the 29th, but this may not be fully resolved for a long time.

We can sit on the internet and fight among ourselves, point fingers, and argue, but I really don't see a winner. And I don't care to venture into that sort of a foray.

Ryan has been solid to me through many years. We've talked about hunts and locations from Texas to Nevada and back up to Wyoming. He has always been helpful, knowledgeable and enthused. I've written a few articles for the magazine and am sad to know I won't get it any longer.

I'll just wait and see what happens, no speculation. I do not have any facts, don't know specifically or exactly what happened and doubt I ever will.

Just a sad deal with no winners. And if you want to pick a fight with me, forget it. No response is coming and I'm not getting engaged in an internet back-and-forth on this or likely any other matters. I come on MonsterMuleys to learn about hunting, see people share successes and share ideas. I try to help when I can and appreciate the guidance I have gotten through the years from many of you.

Thanks for the understanding 2Lumpy.

I'm not defending Ryan Hatch or what he may or may not have done. I am perfectly fine with the criminal justice system moving forward with this and justice being served whether the outcome is "guilty" or "not guilty".

My issue is that something is fundamentally wrong with someone wishing for him to suffer. That's not how gentleman or professionals should behave, and I think we as hunters and sportsmen should behave as gentlemen and professionals.

Can you imagine meeting someone for the very first time and the second sentence you ever hear out of his mouth is about how he hopes something really bad happens to someone else?????? Any normal person would probably conclude its best to stay away and not associate themselves with someone like that. But here on the internet people do that and it seems a bunch of other people just pat him on the back and say "yeah!".

What is just as amazing to me is we are talking about a person that the OP probably doesn't even know on a personal level, doesn't know any evidence entered in the case, with variables that in reality took absolutely nothing from the OP. And yet he "hopes" for great loss to this other person. That's not normal folks.
He's,a poacher and an outlaw ,he doesn't deserve respect he deserves a long hard prison sentence and his privelage to hunt and fish revoked for life he'nothing but worthless trash. Like someone else,stated
This ISN'T his,first offense once,a,poacher always,a poacher
only good poacher is a DEAD one

My problem is... Are these the only incidents or were there others that he got a way with?
He has been prosecuted once so you would think with his high profile in the industry that he would be overly cautious to not offend again.
He is innocent until proven guilty but with a previous conviction people will naturally think the worst.
I hope he hasn't broken the law again but if he has he should be punished to the maximum extent of the law. He works in the industry and should be a steward not a criminal.

Other than the name, I know nothing about Ryan Hatch. I don't get his magazine or have Instagram so I literally have never even seen his picture. I'm totally naive about who he is.

I certainly don't know the details about what happened here, but I must be the only one in the dark because a helluva lot of people are making some pretty specific posts. I'm hoping those guys have inside details that haven't been revealed on MM because I've seen nothing of substance here other than a Court Calendar.

I look forward to the rest of the story.

So I guess even if you are “the great muley hunter ” Ryan Hatch you still can’t shoot a deer in one state and put a tag on it from another state and get away with it!
Sometimes those big bucks in 4 corners area get baited on the Utah side with a trail cam but tagged with a 4th season Colorado tag, though they normally avoid the Arizona side LOL.
ACD1EAFF-8708-4FBD-8BB3-5B0F2D8C96FA.jpeg

Who’s Ryan hatch?
Exactly. Never heard of the dude until this thread.

Y’all need to get out of the house!

Go for a walk in God’s country!

Quit tearing each other apart!

Enjoy some positivity for once!

Send out a few compliments!

Founder is prolly slumped over his grave with his face in both hands wondering why all the adult children had to congregate on his website!

I appreciate some good banter every now and again but Geeeeze, I think it’s time for some to walk away from the keyboard and let go of their emotional side for a day LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom