Muskox?

Wyo_Roadhunter

Was curious if anyone on here had ever went over to Greenland to hunt muskox? If so who did you go with and how was it getting it back to the states?

My dad did a hunt this spring in Nunavut Territory, don’t know if you’re set on Greenland? Importing the trophy wasn’t really an issue, but for some reason his license limited him to keeping only 50 lbs of meat.

My dad did a hunt this spring in Nunavut Territory, don’t know if you’re set on Greenland? Importing the trophy wasn’t really an issue, but for some reason his license limited him to keeping only 50 lbs of meat.
I'm not set on Greenland I just knew you didn't have to draw a tag there. I'll look into the Nunavut one too. Thanks!

I’m going this coming March, I’m interested in info anybody has about getting it back to the states.

I shot mine on Nunivak Island in AK. My dad drew a tag that year and I bought a governor tag so we could go together. Ended up costing around the same amount as a Nanuvat trip and a little more money then Greenland but none of the travel hassles involved with Greenland. Quite an adventure for sure.
IMG_0620.jpeg
IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0675.jpeg

Wow Remi, You have suddenly gotten the exotic creature wanderlust! NZ and now Greenland?
I've never had a desire to chase a muskox but I'm sure it could be a great adventure, regardless of where you go. To me, they are prehistoric looking, butt-ugly creatures, but then Bison and Moose are not beauty queens either. So best of luck and keep us posted.

Wow Remi, You have suddenly gotten the exotic creature wanderlust! NZ and now Greenland?
I've never had a desire to chase a muskox but I'm sure it could be a great adventure, regardless of where you go. To me, they are prehistoric looking, butt-ugly creatures, but then Bison and Moose are not beauty queens either. So best of luck and keep us posted.

Just learned there's more than mule deer now ??

I've done the Greenland hunt twice. Arrowed a P&Y bull on both trips, along with a CCBG caribou on the second trip. Both hunts were with Frank Feldmann with Bowhunting Greenland. Frank is the individual who was key in convincing the government several years back to allow bowhunting. Trophies (capes, horns, skulls) have to be sent back to Denmark for processing by a taxidermist, then exported to the USA. Which ends up being fairly costly (transport to Greenland, taxidermy fees there, transport to USA, import fees, transport to you or your taxidermist here). That process typically takes about a year start to finish.

The bonus of hunting in Greenland is the exceptionally beautiful terrain, and the possibility to kill multiple animals depending on what extra tags the outfitter might have available.

OxSm.jpg

CaribouSm.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom