Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Marlin Perkins and Jim Fowler (*) of Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom .
Thank You Feddoc for writing about Philmont. I never hear of it, looked it up and found this 1964 era Video.
I used to watch this show all through the 1970's. Did any of you watch it..?

(*) = Jim Fowler – naturalist, explorer, wildlife expert and star of Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom – has passed away. Fowler died on May 8th 2019 at the age of 89. See below link to Jim and more:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYiHsWQTLY0lw5vl4qVB1Nw

Jagerdad :)

Every Sunday when we were home. American Sportsman was also on. We had the family tv so everyone would come to our house. I think I might like it better now that everyone stays home.

I used to watch it every Sunday night, back in the 70’s when you only had 3 or 4 channels and you had to get up to change the channel or the volume. The good old days.

You are 100% Correct Mr. jhibbs.....Plus we never had what's now termed: "A SOUND BAR"... Back then if Mom heard the TV, it was, to loud... The Bar aspect was her saying: Turn that thing OFF. Get outside until I call you for Dinner. . ie: Bar'ed out of the Home.

Jagerdad :)

Who could forget Marlin saying he'd wait in the truck while Jim subdued the rhino?

I watched it once in awhile back in the day. The rest of my life I've never seen a mountain lion playing with a beaver or seen a mountain lion chasing a coyote that was chasing a badger. I guess I missed life, or too busy working.

I remember watching it, also remembering me being my dads remote for the TV turning the TV up and down changing channels for him. Those were the days.

Can you imagine the activists responce to a show like that today. Zebra hide on the wall, wrestling, netting, and capturing poor animals, just look at the fear in their eyes... even the symbol of the indian in the headdress. It would be such a treat for the touchy feely bat$hit crazy activist of today.

American Sportsman with Kurt Gowdy I remember seeing that show and couldn't get enough of it... It was one of the first shows on Hunting

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom