Muzzle Deer vs Lmtd Elk

UINTBB

Has anyone noticed that the general muzzleloader deer hunt runs at the same time as the Limited muzzle Elk units? Should be a problem with traffic during what should be a limited hunt.

Lots of people have noticed. It's been this way for a long time. I've assisted on two LE muzzy elk tags and saw a total of 1 muzzy deer hunter off a road during all those days hunting on those two tags.

Didn?t impact either of those hunts in the least bit. I don't think it's something to worry about. I'm sure a muzzy deer hunter has come into conflict with a LE elk hunter before, but it doesn't happen often.

When the Same Hunter Has both Tags,which Gun do you Think He's Packin?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I think deerkiller is correct. Since they're both muzzy tags, I sure hope he's carrying a muzzleloader as his weapon.

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-19
>AT 10:08?PM (MST)

>
>Dont mind Bess he's getting old.....and
>senile

That's why we love him. Everyone needs a crazy uncle. He is ours on MM.

Right Cat?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-19 AT 12:21PM (MST)[p]They used to start on the same day. Now they give the elk hunter a couple days head start.

It can be an advantage for the elk hunter because the deer hunters are usually willing to give real time info on what elk they are seeing.

The deer hunters could screw up the elk hunters but on many units there are just not that many tags.

>+1 just razzin ya, you big
>pussycat.

Seein if You Boys are Payin Attention!:D:D:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I was burned by this on a 380 class bull. I was dead smack in the middle of intense rutting action set up perfectly down wind, waiting for the herd bull to present a good shot. As soon as the herd bull got within 80 yards I look over at one of his 20 cows and she did the head pop nose straight in the air.
not knowing how the hell they could have caught my scent I sat there in frustration.
Sure enough here comes two deer hunters that heard the Elk bugling and wanted to get a closer look.
these are factors that happen on a limited entry muzzy hunt that you need to plan for.
I was 3 miles away from any dirt road and thought I had the place too myself.
this has happened a few times on the muzzy hunts I have been on so imo it does play a factor

DPB, a 380 bull on the Satch?

Don?t tell goof!!! ;-)

That sucks. You killed a great bull anyway, so I guess it's all part of the memories.

It negatively affected my Box Elder tag. I am a NR and did not realize this beforehand. Guys were everywhere (where there were elk), and I finally drove home on Saturday for a couple days rest, coming back Tuesday. A look at the Success rates on this hunt shows the effect it haad of this hunt as well. 67% success early rifle, 100% success late rifle, muzzleloader 14%.

Pet Door Sales and Installation
www.utpetdoor.com

>DPB, a 380 bull on the
>Satch?
>
>Don?t tell goof!!! ;-)
>
>That sucks. You killed a great
>bull anyway, so I guess
>it's all part of the
>memories.

definitely wasnt the wasatch

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom