Muzzleloader Coues

5yearcoueshunter

Well after 8 years of hunting Coues in NM I finally got my first one! I got a buck of a lifetime with a muzzleloader with a 175 yard shot. I had some help scoring him and we came up with 105 and 3/8 gross! I couldn't believe it when I walked up on him. I wasn't trophy hunting by any means, I was just trying to get my first buck, I just happened to get really lucky. And to top it all off I got him on my birthday! It definately was the best hunting experience of my life with all the difficulties I've had in getting one. My friend Jim also got his second coues buck on this trip so we got 100% success rate on the hunt. I also wanted to say that I couldn't have got this buck without Jim. He was a calming force when I started to get the buck fever again. LOL! Jim's shoulder was also my rest on the shot, so again I couldn't haven't done it without him!

frontdeer.jpg

sidedeer.jpg

deerhead.jpg

Jim's Deer.

jimdeer.jpg

Those bucks are nice! Congratualtions on your successful hunt. What unit? I am headed out to scout some areas in Unit 23 in preparation for a Jan bowhunt.

Great bucks Travis , you guys did about as awesome as could be done. Both are great bucks and should look real good on the wall.That many years all in that same unit , you should be learning it well eh. I'm still wanting to go down there but just can't seem to find room on my applications. Now that that unit has gotten better the last few years I may try , but like you chasing em for so many years , I too would like to get me a big/atleast nicer muley....Every year I tell Crazyboutcoues I'm coming and every year I just congradulate those who do...lolAgain congrats on your beautiful buck , you did just right...

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it. In those 8 years I actually hunted a couple of different units, but my past experience in them definately helped me in getting this buck. I will say however that I saw more deer this year while hunting than any time before. NMHUNTNUTT1, I think a big muley is my next goal as well. I got addicted to hunting Coues these past years but I would like to get a big mature muley. I've killed a few, but nothing really big. I don't know if I can not put in for Coues though. Hunting them is a hard addiction to break! lol Thanks again everyone.

Travis

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom