Muzzleloader Deer Camp Partners Wanted

Aervax

I am looking for a camping partner or two during the General-season Muzzleloader Buck Deer hunt for Wasatch Mtns, East. Season dates Sept 28 - Oct 6, 2022.

With the hunts all divided up into separate units these days and tags getting so much more difficult to draw, I find myself camping and hunting alone more and more. And with my old pals aging, many of them can no longer manage the physical demands of a serious hunt, or just are not interested in being outdoors when it is cold, wet and uncomfortable.

I grew up hunting this area, so I am not looking for someone to divulge their favorite hunting spot, or anything like that. There are lots of deer on the unit, and I have multiple spots to choose from past outings. I will be hunting for a nice fat buck for the freezer. I do not care much about rack size, and the actual hunting part I usually do alone.

Work and life in general moved me out of Utah ten years ago. I like to go back to my home turf on hunting and fishing vacations once in a while to reconnect with friends and family in town, and to reconnect with myself and nature while spending time in the mountains.

Part of the fun in hunting is deer camp, of course. Sharing stories about that day's hunt over supper by the fire and so on. Also sharing in camp chores like taking turns at being first up to make the morning coffee, cooking meals and gathering firewood, too. And there can be better safety in numbers if anything unusual were to happen on the mountain.

If things go according to plan I will be setting up camp, grouse hunting, trout fishing and scouting on the hunt unit for a few days before the muzzleloader season starts. All part of the fun and experience for me.

If you happen to be in the similar situation of hunting this muzzleloader unit on your own, or have a small group camping together and do not mind an add on, please send me a message.

Cheers,

Eric

I’m in a similar situation but drew muzzy deer in a unit North of there. I am heading into the back country on a 5-6 day back pack solo muzzy trip. Area is steep and deep. No one to go with anymore. Good luck on the hunt. Post up the story when it’s time.

I’m in a similar situation but drew muzzy deer in a unit North of there. I am heading into the back country on a 5-6 day back pack solo muzzy trip. Area is steep and deep. No one to go with anymore. Good luck on the hunt. Post up the story when it’s time.
And I'll be going solo in a unit south of there. Seems like a lot more of us are doing it anymore. Good luck and be safe

Gents,

I can truly appreciate your situations. Maybe others on here, who are hunting in your units, need deer camp partners as well. Hopefully they reach out to you.

A dedicated hunter who hunts the Wasatch Muzzloader has contacted me. It seems likely that barring any surprise changes in plans for either one of us that we will be setting up adjacent camps on the unit.

I may set up a spike camp in a second location. The wasatch unit is humongous, so I do plan to do day trips into some of my old stomping grounds to do some trout fishing and grouse hunting. Of course, I will be packing the muzzleloader along just in case.

I am open to sharing a secondary camp area as spike camp, and as a back up plan. Let me know if you are in a similar situation and are hunting the same unit. I would be glad to set up camp next door.

Glad you found another hunter to camp next to Aervax. Safety in numbers for sure and nice to have someone to talk to, and to help each other pack out animals if need be.

Good luck on your hunt and be safe!

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom