Muzzleloader Elk tag for 22 south.

UINTBB

As a non-resident I live too far for any pre-season scouting so I am looking for any info. that someone is willing to share. Is there a motel or cabin close by or should I haul my camper. General thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Like all of us who love this and is lucky enough to have drawn a tag. Thanks before-hand and best of luck in the subsequent draws.

If you are staying in Pine you are about 20 minutes north of the unit, not sure why you would stay there. I'd look in Payson for hotels. Google the unit and hunt, there's some good info.

When I had the late rifle tag a few years ago we camped, but the closest town was Payson. Nice little town with anything you might need. I hunted the north end of the unit.

Thanks very much guys.... Buckbrush, how was the quality of the hunt? How close is Payson to where you were hunting?

Where are you coming from? Can you come early? Can you scout a bit? What was your motivation for applying for the unit?

I am coming from the midwest and will plan on coming early to scout a bit. Part of the scouting process is to reach out for info before my boots hit the ground. My motivation is the same for most of us. To spend time in God's Cathedral doing what is the very essence of who I am, while I can, which is to hunt big game and fill me soul with that which feeds me. I am blessed to have this tag and many of the MM's would like to be in my boots. I am blessed more than I deserve.....best of luck to all that have good intentions!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom