Muzzleloader Hunt Cancelled?

DBLung

It's just talk and we have a long way to go before the Utah muzzy hunt. Will the DWR Cancel the Muzzleloader hunt this year if things stay dry?

I say yes, but it probably won't matter. The whole state will be burned up before then.

not from UT, but i seriously doubt it. ML hunts have happened all over the west for years, taking place generally in Aug when everything is dry. How many fires have you ever heard about that was started with a ML? I have never heard of any.

I had a good conversation with a fish cop thursday. He said it could happen. Apparently it's come close a couple times before.

If they Try I'll use my Smokeless Powder!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-12 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]It came close to starting a fire a couple times lol, how do they know that. j/k, but I doubt they would cancel a hunt.

A lot more people in the hills causing problems over Labor Day than the muzzy hunt. They gonna shut that down too?

ML (or any other shooting) does cause fires.......but KSL, along with other media, report that it does.....PC is a difficult thing to fight (look at the resident at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.).

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I think it's safe to say the vast majority of "target shooting fires" are caused by people shooting propane bottles, tannerite, and other metal objects. Not by shooting at paper targets or animals. A muzzle-loader could easily start a fire though if you were standing in dry grass.

I'm not against moving the muzzle loader season to November if it's safer;)

patched round balls are fire starters.....not much else....
JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Camping ,Better shut it down too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

The best hunt Utah ever had was the November Muzz hunt. I would love to see it again, but I don't see it ever happening. Can you imagine what kind of carnage there would be. With fewer deer and in-lines that can effective shoot 300 yards or more with no issues when they get wet. There wouldn't be any challenge to it, and every big buck in the state would be wiped out the first year. If they were to open a cap and ball only hunt in November I would be all over it.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that if this drought and the fires continue this summer that huge chunks of public land could be put off limits just like has already happened in the Gila in sw NM!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom