Muzzleloader opinions

elk_crazy

Well I decided to do a muzzle loader hunt this year for deer. I wanted some opinions on different muzzleloaders that you gentlemen use in Colorado and powder bullet combos. Any help would be appreciated

Founder, sorry to cross list another site, but I would highly recommend reading Robby Denning's Blog on Rokslide that can help answer this question. Best of luck as there are tons of options.

I started with a traditional Hawken, switched to a CVA Optima and now I have a .50 Traditions Vortek. 100g of Blackhorn shooting 295 grn Thor bullets.

Anything white, they were pretty much purpose built for Colorado. I hunt elk with a white black tail hunter 504 cal if I ever draw the moose tag I'll use my 540 white Bison and this year I used my super 91 451 cal to take my buck. Waiting on a 410 cal super 91 right now that I'll deer hunt with this coming year. Shoot big chunks of lead into little tiny groups.

CVA Accura V2 with Ghost ring sight. 100 Grains of BH209 and a Powerbelt platinum 338 shoots tiny little groups.

I would try blackhorn 209 powder, I had good accuracy with thor bullets and hornady fpb's out of my omega. if you use thor's order early though because he tends to run low on certain weights.

I shoot a T/C Triumph with Triple Seven (although I will be switching to Blackhorn) and Thor bullets. The Thor's are awesome in my opinion. I shoot 110 grains of powder with the 300 grain Thor. It's been a great combo so far. Have fun!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom