muzzleloader sights

bigmoosie

Have a tag for unit 22, can anyone tell me if you can use a Red Dot or Millet sight in Colorado. Also has anyone used one of these tell me how far you can shoot with one, the old eyes ain't what they used to be.

I have a millet red dot scope on my gun and I love it. I have been successful with it every season. The longest shot that I have taken is about 120 yards. The great part about these scopes is that you can change the brightness of the dot for low light conditions or vise versa. Tasco also has a great red dot scope for a little less money.....but all in all I think they are the way to go.

Inmysights

Sorry forgot to add that in Utah the scope cannot be magnified.....I don't know about the colorado regs. Even still it is the way to go in my opinion.

Inmysights.

All scopes are prohibited on ML seasons...MAYBE you could use em in a rifle season

from the 2002 regs, and 2003 tant changed and don't expect a change in the future

P5
3. ML rifle
l. Only open and iron sights allowed in ML seasons. Scopes prohibited.

BTW, fiber-optic are oKieDokie

Not confirming anything you didn't already know, now! I opt for a peep in Colorado, w/ a fine front beed, myself.

I know it says no scopes but are some of these laser sights considered scopes. Some of these have no scope tubes only a riser with what looks like a crosshair in them. I guess these project a laser, these are the ones I was wondering about.I was looking for something that us "old blind" guys could use.

The kind of sight you are talking about is not legal. However, a fiberoptic front site with a peep rear works well in low light. Others have said that they use a rear peep and a front "crosshair" sight and that works well to. They say it is almost like looking through a scope. I may have to try that one.

With a rear peep, I find that the hole that comes with the peep is too small in the field if you are looking into the sun or in low light. I drill the peep out bigger. Doesn't seem to affect accuracy.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom