Muzzleloader

I use one that you have to reload after you pull the trigger.

I’m sure there is some new technology and rules out there that makes your muzzleloader a semiautomatic 6 shooter as long as first shot is breechloaded…

I’ve got 3 T/C Omegas I really like, 1 T/C Impact that I kinda like, and 1 CVA Paramount 45 cal that shoots like a lazer but it’s like carrying an 11 pound 6 foot chunk of iron !!! It absolutely sucks lugging it around !!! Great for snagging on trees and a sore shoulder !

CVA Accura V2 LR .50.... Shoots like a dream. Only one I own so I really don't have a comparison, but it shoots so well I'm not really concerned about owning another..?‍♂️

I have several, but the 2 Knight Disc Extremes are what usually get taken hunting, both 50 caliber. They are set up to use 209 primers and loose powder. I like Blackhorn and have a supply, but if the price stays up where it is now I'm switching to loose triple 7 powder.

Call me old school. Winchester x-150 bought 23 years ago. Barnes 300 mz, 100 gr pyrodex pellets, open sights.
2” groups at 100 yards, yes I know my limits.
Some guns are just killers, this is one.

Cva Acurra v2 was using Blackhorn until it became the most valuable/rare substance on earth so back to triple 7, will be dusting it off this year for elk, gonna shoot 250’s or 295’s this year have to get it dialed in

Paramount Pro HTR in .45 cal. Scoped, dialed and good out to 500 yards. (Heavy Gun! ) Road hunter gun. haha
Thompson Pro Hunter .50 un scoped. Much lighter and better for that close quarter action.

Knight disc elite .45.
Incredible gun to 250 yds. Was very lethal on elk and deer.
Probably could have shot a bit further but I always stayed in my limit.

Stainless Knight Wolverine, AKA LK-97, in 50 caliber, converted to shoot 209 primers.. Loaded with two 777 pellets, 300 grain Hornady sabot, and topped with a fixed 4X shotgun scope, it's a tack driver. It has the same aimpoint at 50 and 100 yards. When I pull the trigger, deer fall dead.
Except last year when the trigger was frozen and although I pulled it, it didn't move!! :cool:

With that bullet and powder load, max range is 125 yards. But, I've only used it in eastern woods so range usually isn't an issue.

I have several, but the 2 Knight Disc Extremes are what usually get taken hunting, both 50 caliber. They are set up to use 209 primers and loose powder. I like Blackhorn and have a supply, but if the price stays up where it is now I'm switching to loose triple 7 powder.
Same rifle I use, knight thumb hole extreme....no reason to shoot anything else!

I've Got One!

But!

Mine Only Shoots 1/2 As Far As Most!

Still Got My HAWKEN as Well!

Last time I checked Bessy, you still had one of those “cutting edge” rem 700 guns.

I still shoot an old green river or a Hawkins.

I am not in the in-line crowd

Elkster, what kind of scope do you have mounted on your smoke pole? Night force or Leupold VX? Are you running turrets?

Hawkeye

NightForce?

Now That's Funny!

My SmokePoles Are Just Mid-Grade hawky Compared To What Most Guys Are Packing!

This Is The Scope & It's So Far Out-Dated I Don't Think They Make It Anymore?

I've Got Other SmokePoles!

And I'm Shining Up My HAWKENS!

Elkster, what kind of scope do you have mounted on your smoke pole? Night force or Leupold VX? Are you running turrets?

Hawkeye

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom