Muzzy Deer

Servehim

Very Active Member
Good Evening guys, long time reader but recently retired and now have the time to figure out how to post...Yea. Loving Retirement !! Live in NM and have 12 (NR) pts for deer. Leaning towards 2 options , Bosque Del Oso as my son drew an elk tag several years ago and saw a couple of 170 class buck or wait a few more years for a 61 tag as I've seen a few nice ones up there as well. Told by some to put in next yr for a 3rd rirfle but not a huge fan of foot deep snow .... So just seeking words of wisdom as most likely last opportunity at a good tag. Thx for any input as I love hunting and don't want to make a bad choice. Jim

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-15 AT 04:49AM (MST)[p]I am from Michigan ,but have hunted Colorado 27 of the last 30 years.Hunted several units and have seen and took some nice bucks in most of the areas I have been in.
12 points is a long time saving and I would use them as you never know what another year will bring . Go hunt and enjoy yourself.

Life Is
Short ,Love,Laugh and go Hunting .

Good input and I agree completely. I'll be hunting this fall somewhere God willing. I've acquired quite a few points in 6 western states during my working years and now that I'm retired won't to arrange a couple of great hunts each year out of state over a 5-7 yr span. Just hoping for some good feedback on those units in Colorado . Unit 851 as its close enough to get up and scout this summer. Thx again

Well, you are retired right? Could get you a trailer and park it in a mobile home park 180 days before the season, establish residency, and apply as a resident! Then move back to NM....

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-15 AT 11:12PM (MST)[p]That's funny , something tells me my Red Headed Wife might not take that to well.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-15 AT 00:34AM (MST)[p]Hummm... Not what I see. Hunterstrailhead shows tags issued to NR in that unit. Maybe I'm missing something

hunterstrailhead says there are 2 resident tags and 1 nonresident tag. keep checking

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>You should check... there are tags
>for 85/851 but not on
>BDO
>CC

CC is correct. NR tags for 85/851, but not for BDO. BDO is managed separately in regulation.

>hunterstrailhead says there are 2 resident
>tags and 1 nonresident tag.
> keep checking
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>I am)

Hunterstrailhead must be wrong as they show separate lines for 85/851 including and excluding BDO with tags issued for both. I'll double check proclamation when it's available . Thx for heads up. Jim

>Well, you are retired right?
>Could get you a trailer
>and park it in a
>mobile home park 180 days
>before the season, establish residency,
>and apply as a resident!
>Then move back to NM....
>
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>I am)

I wouldn't take this advise unless you want a heavy fine. You must be a resident for 6 months at the time you apply for a license.

CC, I've been told I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and accurately so BUT I see both in Colo proclamation and Huntertrailhead stating that a NR with 12 pts actually drew the tag in 851 incl BDO (D-M-851-01-M) Help me find clarity here thx Jim

2 residents drew by looking at the stats. There is not enough tags available to meet the criteria for NR to draw. For example: If 1 NR drew, that would be 50% of the tags, which does not meet the standards set forth by the DOW. If there were 5 tags available then a NR would be able to draw 1 tag 20%. Hope this helps a little.

That helps and makes sense .... Guess I need to take Hunterstrailhead info with a grain of salt. Thx again

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom