Muzzy Elk

I've been hunting a December cow ML hunt for about 6 years. There are plenty of elk on public ground. I think the low percentage is due to a few factors. Most of the elk are concentrated in bigger herds. It's tough to stay out of sight from 60-80 sets of eyes. That time of year, they generally aren't call receptive. If there is snow, more often than not, it has a crust . Sneaking is extremely hard in crusty snow. For a couple of years there we're something like 300 rifle tags lumped into the same area and timeframe as the ml hunt. That definitely made it hard! It sounds like a lot of excuses, but they definitely aren't a slam dunk hunt.

Idaho doesn't allow scopes and all the Uber-modern technology that allows ?muzzleloader? kills at 400+ yards either. In my observation, muzzleloader seasons are mostly an afterthought in Idaho. We don't get a crack at animals until after all the archery and rifle hunts are done. That makes for hard to hunt game, in less than ideal conditions.

The late 49 Bull Muzzle Loader hunt is a joke, especially after last years winter where we lost a lot of mature bulls. The game and fish is out of control on there never ending over lapping seasons, and selling muzzle loader hunts after 5 months of hunting. Unlimited archery hunters everywhere . Old Mike McDonald likes farming for Elk. Pick your number and show up at the processor. By the time they figure out there issuing way to many Mule Deer Tags, you watch they will blame the loss of older age class deer on CWD

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom