My 06 Late Buck

MuskegMan

I drew a late deer tag for area 06 (NW of Elko) in Nevada. I flew down from AK to hunt the last 5 days of this hunt (Nov 1-5) as I wanted to catch some of the rut activity. The first winter storm of the season rolled in the day after Halloween, and I was able to harvest my first decent muley the day after it snowed (Nov. 2) in the mountains. Saw shooter bucks every day and had a close encounter with a bigger buck on the morning the storm moved in. My buck was guarding his harem of 13 does. Buck is right around 175".

Lars-Front-1.jpg

Side-View-1.jpg

Lars-Front-3.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-14 AT 12:42PM (MST)[p]He sure does have a big melon head! Congrats on getting a big boy. But leaving only 5 days for this hunt seams like a gamble. Glad it paid off for you.

How big was the bigger one?

Congrats! That buck would do just fine for about anyone, Dandy!!

175" seems conservative. Embellishing or jacking up a score is a quick way to get flack from the gang here. Doesn't look to me like he's anything but what you say he is. Again, a fine Buck!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

So many get all wrapped up on "What'd he score?"... I love those big-bodied dudes...to me your buck is one of those...nice rack, but look at that hawg-body! Dandy NV Area 6 buck! Congrats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom