My 2006 Caribou

fishon

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-07 AT 10:59PM (MST) by browtine (moderator)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-07 AT 09:44?PM (MST)

Thought you might like this. 419". I don't know how to make it format to the screen. Sorry.

45a3259845cfd785.jpg

Tony

Great looking Craibou. Was that a guided hunt or one of those drop camps? I have always wanted to try one of those drop camps for Caribou.

300 Ultra. I hope to have it done by the convention. I hunted in the NWT with True North Safari's. Thet will have a booth in SLC. If it is done in time it will be at their booth.

The hunt will be shown on Christensens Outdoors on the Mens Channel

Tony

fishon,

Great fronts and mass on that big bull. Congrats!

I took a bull (402) also in the NWT with Acrtic Red River in September. It was an incredible hunt experience in the wilderness.

Ed

Yeah I know I am just not smart enough to know the difference between Caribou and Mule deer. I just know they both have Horns I mean antlers. But hey they both die the same way.

Tony

fishon,

You do not know the difference? Utah deer are the ones with 2-3 total points.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-07 AT 01:37PM (MST)[p]Is that 2-3 points total per side or total both sides? I want to know what to look for next time I am fortunate enough to draw.

Tony

btw, next time you are so fortunate to draw do not look at the Colorado issue of Carter's, look at the cover of the Utah proclamation. Talk about a dream buck!

Congrats.....great bull. Much better than the bull I took in NWT in 2001, didn't have a chance at a quality bull. Very disappointing. Due to bureacratic screwups never did get antlers/cape back.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

That looks to be a tremendous shovel on that caribou. Do you have a view from the side?

Congratulations on a great animal. Are you leaving the velvet on for the mount?

Eel

Way nice looking Bull! I hear there is a 400 Bull behind every Tree up there ;-) Too bad there's no Trees :(

:( Somebody didn't like bouncing betty :(

I am leaving it in the velvet. I hope to have it at the expo next week if it is done in time. I just tried to post a side view but the file is to big. Someone that is smarter then me (which is most of you) send me your email and I will send it to you if you will post it for me.

The shovel is 19" across, it has 52" beams and a 50" spread.
I was lucky

Tony

THAT AIN'T NO PISSCUTTER THERE!!!

I GOT THE PICTURE TODAY ridge!!!

BUT YOU FORGOT TO SEND ME A PICTURE OF THE BIG BULL???

THANKS!!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!! :D :D :D

I might be sitting on the BULL picture for a while longer. Keeping a secret is darn tough when you are so damn excited for a great friend. As you can probably guess........"you should have seen the other one, next year it will be real serious"
Speaking of serious, WOW we saw another PISSCUTTER today while looking for the shot off tine. No luck!
Can't wait for the bucks to start shedding!

It is being done by Sellsted taxidermy in NWT. The outfitter is bringing it down for his booth (hopefully). The taxidermitst Was on hand at camp and took care of it within hours of me shooting it. It kinda feels like Christmas if it gets done.

Tony

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom