My 2019 Nebraska Bull!!

foldem_aug

Once in a life time Tag. Once in a life time Bull. With a once in a life time story. I set up in a fence line to call at a bull bugling in the distance and not only did he respond but one bugled 50 yards from me behind a small knob. Problem was he was on the wrong side of the fence. So as soon as I heard him I ran away from the fence 30 yards and slid behind a small pine, the first thing I could find for cover. With seconds he was at the fence line bugling again and again. (I was amazed by his mass to say the least.) Soon he turned away and then I called he answered and milled around. I would call he would answer this went on for 15 to 20 minutes. Then I heard a dreaded cow call he ran off at her to round her up I assume, I said to myself great hes got a bunch of cows with him. So I remember watching a video produced by elk nut and he talked about sounding like a bull with a cow and not bugling. What did I have to lose so I started raking like a wild man breaking every branch I could find over the tree in front of me, I smashed pine cones into the ground I made as much noise as I could while cow calling every minute. After 3 minutes of me being a crazy man, the bulls light just switched he let out a lip bawl bugle that shook the ground, he was mad. He closed the distance back to me and stopped just before the fence and snapped a pine tree in half then beat it into the ground. I kept at it next he turn at me and came strait for me and cant honestly say if he went through the fence or over it but he stopped 20 yards broadside and bugled again. The rest is history.
683511177.jpg

798431215.jpg

What a beauty. That had to be an awful lot of fun playing with that bull. So exciting. Congrats

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Congratulations Yes that is a once in a life time Bull.
Thanks for sharing the story of your hunt and the great pictures

That's a nice bull. Congrats!! How many years of trying to draw a tag. I have been putting in for a cow tags for several years. No luck. I'll probably start applying for a bull tag, but I figured it would be nice to draw a cow tag (is ever so lucky) and learn the unit I would be in and make some contacts.

I would start getting points for a bull. I had put in for 6 years and had max points. But i do know a guy who got a tag his first year applying, so you never know. Getting permission is more important than learning the units, its not easy but the game and parks has landowner lists and if you ever get a tag let me know and i would be glad to help.

Man, talk about mass! He is COOL! That sounds like a really great hunt, I'll bet that was great with him being so vocal

>Man, talk about mass! He
>is COOL! That sounds
>like a really great hunt,
>I'll bet that was great
>with him being so vocal
>

It was crazy. I wish I had somebody video taping; but it was an experience I will never forget.

I think they've had an elk season for 27 years I've applied every year never missed one, never drawn. Random sure isn"t random for me,

You will draw one some day know that there is points. One of my good friends has been in the draw 27 years too. He wouldn't even go with me he was so mad. I had max points.

Dang he is a nice one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom