My 2020 utah general season archery buck.

JakeH

Long Time Member
So after killing my Colorado buck on Thursday, I Decided to try my luck on the Extended Archery hunt back home on Saturday. Found this guy at first light and was able to move in front of him and his doe's to get a 50 yard shot. This guy is an older mature buck and i couldn't be happier plus got to have my dad there to watch it all go down. Two bucks in 3 days, I had a pretty dang good week of hunting and 2020 has been an epic year for me.
IMG_20201114_150644_172.jpg
IMG_20201114_150644_169.jpg
IMG_20201114_150644_168.jpg
IMG_20201114_150644_182.jpg

Last edited:
awesome Jake. Congrats!

Question: 2 of us are planning a Co. MD hunt next year(we postponed 2yrs ago due to my wifes lung cancer surgery). so we decided to draw the tags again.

Question, How did you like that bow mount decoy? It evendently worked, how did the deer react to it?

Thanks and Congrats again

Bill V

awesome Jake. Congrats!

Question: 2 of us are planning a Co. MD hunt next year(we postponed 2yrs ago due to my wifes lung cancer surgery). so we decided to draw the tags again.

Question, How did you like that bow mount decoy? It evendently worked, how did the deer react to it?

Thanks and Congrats again

Bill V
They work great in the right situations, they are defiantly not perfect. In this case we watched as the herd was moving up a hill side along a fence line so we hurried around and I got set up in front of them, several does popped over the crest of the hill first and immediately seen me in the short open sage. but with the decoy they just kinda milled around mostly curious of me more then scared. This gave the buck time to work up and give me a shot at 50 yards.

They 100% work on elk especially in the timber, I have killed 2 bulls and had several other close calls with them, definitely a game changer for elk hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom