My 2021 public service announcement

lostinOregon

Very Active Member
Greetings,

I try to do one nice thing a year, so I thought I would start out this year and get it done early. Are you ready, my public service announcement to help you throughout the year is:

"There will be a great point creep of epic proportions in 2021, like no one has ever seen before. Dreams of many hunters will be crushed and hunters all across the west will be left to read old editions of huntin fool and epic outdoors to reminisce about the good old days"

Dreams will be crushed in Colorado, Wyoming and other western states. Folks will be crying in their drinks come springtime, saying life isn't fair and I was supposed to draw this year. Those not paying attention will say, I can get Idaho tag so I'm good, only to find that they are capped and all sold out.

Go ahead and add 2-3 points to 2nd season hunts, and 3-6 points to 3rd season hunts and still have a chance of being without a good tag. To add to the pain. the leftover list gone to long lines of residents camping out every week at retailers across Colorado. No more fast fingers to save the poor draw results.

There, I said it and I feel better. This years voucher market is already smoking hot so good luck to you all.

Rich

Colorado deer probably see’s a nice jump. Archery dates actually got worse. Elk, and other states won’t see much of a change. This reminds me of the Democratic take on covid... everybody panic, the sky is falling, let’s wreck the world we live in, and advocate for the absolute worst outcome possible.

Rich, I don't doubt for a second you're right. but what are you basing it on ? I'm curious if your logic is in line with my own.

Point creep will most certainly happen with Utah limited entry archery elk tags as the hunt dates push 5 days later in September this year to the 17th I believe. Archery Guys who have been holding on to points will use them this year and some guys getting sick of waiting for a muzzy/rifle tag may jump over as well.

Yes, due to covid, point creep will be at an all time high. Save yourselves the disappointment and grief by just purchasing points this year. I’ll be sure and do the same?

It has little to do with Covid. Covid added extra folks this year because the family vacations had to be cancelled so camping and getting outdoors was in vouge. It has to do with the season dates in Colorado and the all of the "experts" saying it is time to draw and after this year all of the big bucks will be gone.

In Wyoming, its is a cumulative effect of everyone realizing that if you do not have max points, you are years away from the top deer/elk units. Even one under max is a death sentence. I have not done the math to see how many years it will take to move through all of the max point guys who are waiting for the top tier units. The antelope system has worked and most have drawn their good tag by this point, that is why all of the lower tiered public land hunts have starting creeping. Folks are now looking for a lower point hunts, just to go more often since they are out of the max pool. Antelope tags that took 1-2 points five years ago now take 4-6 points.

Add in that Idaho is capping hunter numbers and everyone and their brother has done a mule deer video in Montana this year on you tube, tags will be really tough to draw this year.

I have some rancher buddies in Colorado and their phones are already ringing for vouchers. Much higher volume and intensity then past years.

It really comes down to supply/demand and the supply just isn't there anymore.

Every year I see posts about drawing tags that folks will not draw with the amount of points it took last year. My post was a sarcastic attempt to show you what is coming in the next few months as folks will be shocked and amazed they didn't draw.

Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom