My 2022 Colorado archery buck.

JakeH

Long Time Member
I got this Colorado tag a week before the hunt started, after scouting for the week I decided I would hunt for one of the bigger deer I had found and then once my wife and kids showed up the first nice buck I found would be in trouble. I also only had the first 5 days of the season to hunt as I have work, and other out of state hunts to go on the rest of the month of September.

Well I had opportunity at my top 3 target bucks, the first day, but just couldn't seal the deal so with the wife and kids and my Dad showing up the afternoon of day two I decided it was time to get a buck down with the goal being having my 5 and 2 year old being able to watch.

Right off the bat that evening we found this buck and I was able to get an arrow into him and the buck only made it 130 yards. Addy and Lincoln were stoked and loved every minute of it we followed the blood trail to the buck and we let them find him on there own. They loved it, this was the first time they had actually got to be there when dad killed anything. Definitely memories none of us will ever forget.
Screenshot_20220907_152818.jpg
Screenshot_20220907_153018.jpg
Screenshot_20220907_152918.jpg

Screenshot_20220907_153301.jpg

this little dude loves his grandpa.
Screenshot_20220907_153136.jpg

Edit:
Ohh, forgot to add, then I killed a bull 2 days later in Utah on the general archery elk hunt.

20220905_165151.jpg

Last edited:
I got this Colorado tag a week before the hunt started, after scouting for the week I decided I would hunt for one of the bigger deer I had found and then once my wife and kids showed up the first nice buck I found would be in trouble. I also only had the first 5 days of the season to hunt as I have work, and other out of state hunts to go on the rest of the month of September.

Well I had opportunity at my top 3 target bucks, the first day, but just couldn't seal the deal so with the wife and kids and my Dad showing up the afternoon of day two I decided it was time to get a buck down with the goal being having my 5 and 2 year old being able to watch.

Right off the bat that evening we found this buck and I was able to get an arrow into him and the buck only made it 130 yards. Addy and Lincoln were stoked and loved every minute of it we followed the blood trail to the buck and we let them find him on there own. They loved it, this was the first time they had actually got to be there when dad killed anything. Definitely memories none of us will ever forget.
View attachment 86267View attachment 86268View attachment 86269

View attachment 86271
this little dude loves his grandpa.
View attachment 86270

Edit:
Ohh, forgot to add, then I killed a bull 2 days later in Utah on the general archery elk hunt.

View attachment 86277
way to go Jake they should call you " Killer "

So Sweet! It doesn't get any better than that! Congrats on everything!

#2 looks like its antler tips are almost touching - real cool...all of them look like great bucks.

JakeH, what unit were you hunting? the high and tight buck in the 2nd pictures looks exactly like one that we were hunting. Just wondering if we were hunting the same area.

Congrats on the successful hunts,,,that didn't take long...now what are you gonna do the rest of the seasons...:cool:

Congrats on the successful hunts,,,that didn't take long...now what are you gonna do the rest of the seasons...:cool:
Headed to Arizona on Monday for an elk hunt, and then I have a late Muzzy deer hunt here in Utah in Nov.

Gonna have time to do some Coyote hunting in now LOL October is wide open now. ?

Nice JakeH!

What's That Bad Boy Score?
No idea Bess, his ears are both over 10"s long though, biggest scoring ears I ever seen on a buck lol.

He is just under 24" wide, I never put a tape on him to score as it really wasn't all that important this time.

But he did score some awesome memories for the whole family.

Very nice. Having the family along for the experience makes it even better. It’s all about the memories and passing along our traditions!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom