My '21 Arizona archery elk

JakeH

Long Time Member
Got me a bull in Arizona this year, tough hunt not much bugling, this bull came in silent and gave me a 40 yard shot I couldn't pass him up.

20210919_225909.jpg
20210919_164841.jpg

Pass through.
20210919_102929.jpg

20210919_083027.jpg
20210919_083049.jpg

Not a giant but I'm still working on getting my numbers up with a bow, and I'm happy with him.

Good job Mr! Congrats to you! Any elk with a bow is Awesome. I’ve only harvested 1 Bull with a bow and it was an average 5 point. Here in NV. I’ll never forget it though. We can’t all kill monster 6 points? Thanks for sharing the pics!??

Hello JakeH,
Congrats on a fine Bull. I am sure that many on here would agree that ANY BULL WITH A BOW IS A TROPHY! We just returned from our 2021 AZ Archery Elk Hunt. My son scored on a nice 6 X 6. The rest of us had multiple opportunities and just couldn't quite close the deal (excuse list too long to type here!) for various reasons.
I came very close to releasing on the biggest bull I have ever seen but I was just not comfortable with the angle & the distance, , , , so I held off, then he was gone.
Again, congrats on a fine trophy.

Elkchaser

I'd kill that bull....congrats. I can't wait to get the chance to be at full draw on a bull. Hopefully it'll happen in the next few years.

Congrats on your success. Like others have said, success with a bow is well earned! I've managed to kill 30 in 42 years, but only 4 with a bow!!!

Congrats on your success. Like others have said, success with a bow is well earned! I've managed to kill 30 in 42 years, but only 4 with a bow!!!
This is my 4th with a bow in 20 years of archery elk hunting. They are definitely a tough animal to bring down with a bow. Got my first one 7 years ago.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom