My '21 General Utah buck.

JakeH

Long Time Member
Got my buck yesterday, had to make a quick decision if he was a shooter or not only had about 4 or 5 seconds to decide. He looked pretty good running by at 100 yards so I sent one down range with the 6.5x300 whetherby

He's an great young buck with amazing potential probably should have let him live but on a general tag that's hard to do lol. Pretty sure I killed his daddy 3 years ago he's a spitting image of him just a little smaller. Put a tape on him today and he grossed 172"

Screenshot_20211025-130934_Instagram.jpg

had my brother and Dad along with me.
Screenshot_20211025-131011_Instagram.jpg

Little man sure liked him. Lol
Screenshot_20211025-131043_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-131105_Instagram.jpg

So this buck was actually shot back in August by an archery hunter, he was still healing up from that wound but seemed to be healthy.
Screenshot_20211025-131148_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211025-131206_Gallery.jpg

What do you guys think? Father and son? They were killed about 400 yards apart.

Dad was a 192 inch stud. This guy was 172.
Screenshot_20211025-132928_Gallery.jpg

Nice buck congrats to you. And yes I would think they could be related. If you look at the one eyeguard on the bigger buck on the right antler it sure looks similar to the left eyeguard on the buck you just got.

Nice job! Crazy how tough they are. Do you know the archery who shot him?
Yeah it was my cousin who is a youth hunter that hit him.
I think your deer might be as big as your archery elk! Great bucks!! Fine job man, congrats!
Haha just about.
The question is.. Did you get the muffs on in time to shoot?
Dandy buck.
I actually did lol thanks
Way to go Jake! Public or Private? Did you throw him in whole?
It's private property, and yes I did actually.

Definitely same genetics, could be a son. You probably have a really got idea of what’s in the area. What did the older buck score?

Got my buck yesterday, had to make a quick decision if he was a shooter or not only had about 4 or 5 seconds to decide. He looked pretty good running by at 100 yards so I sent one down range with the 6.5x300 whetherby

He's an great young buck with amazing potential probably should have let him live but on a general tag that's hard to do lol. Pretty sure I killed his daddy 3 years ago he's a spitting image of him just a little smaller. Put a tape on him today and he grossed 172"

View attachment 56317

had my brother and Dad along with me.
View attachment 56318

Little man sure liked him. Lol
View attachment 56319View attachment 56320

So this buck was actually shot back in August by an archery hunter, he was still healing up from that wound but seemed to be healthy.
View attachment 56321View attachment 56322

What do you guys think? Father and son? They were killed about 400 yards apart.

Dad was a 192 inch stud. This guy was 172.
View attachment 56323
Congratulations

That’s one heck of a buck especially for a general season tag!! And it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they were related

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom