My 3rd season observations

Just spent the 3rd season in 68/681 helping a friend look for a bull. I have hunted these units for 15 years and haved taken some nice deer over the years. The past 2 years have been a slaughter. We saw (2) Mature bucks, both on private that do not let anyone hunt.
Several camps with young bucks hanging. Large groups of does with no bucks around.
If something dosent change fast, there won't be any bucks to breed the does.
Ive been there in 68 since 73 or so. Certainly a down year for bucks. I did see quite a few nice ones, all bunched up, on private just a few miles off highway.

Walk through drainages tripping over carcasses BS
tell me a drainage and I and many other MMers will meet you there to prove your point
We had a tag for 67 this year 21 points NR, pretty much identical to your story. Went from rock creek (across from the Powderhorn wilderness to rock creek on the east side.) We did see a bunch of carcasses in drainagees but they looked like hunter kills, most were rib caged with the heads missing. Only seen one lion track and one coyote the 5 days that we were there.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom