My 60 antelope

BIGOLMULEY

So, with questions of what Wyoming may do with the NR point system I decided to burn my max points this year. As many of you know I am paralyzed on my right side. It’s getting worse as far as getting around. So I am also trying to use up ever point I have as well. I try to get people to go with me. But that can be hard at times. All my friends hunt too!
I also am trying to give myself a guided hunt every year as the time is short that I can still get around like I can now.
So I got in contact with a few outfitters and chose Eli with Pronghorn Guide Service.
Great guy. We had a blast. He asked me if I would shoot one the first day. Well I guided for 15 years. It was always tough when you scout a bunch, find a shooter and your hunter tells you he doesn’t want to kill the first few days. I get it, but I know you take your Opportunity the second you can on big stuff. So I told Eli I had no problem with that.
Started glassing at first light. He of course had found a shooter goat. And we headed in that direction. I could not believe the number of elk out in the flat desert. Some decent bulls too. And tons of stupid horses.
Found the target buck about an hour into light at just over a mile. Luckily he was only with 1 other buck. We waited for a bit as there were tons of antelope around. But they cleared out. Pretty flat with 6” sage here and there. So we got the sun at our back and kept the buck right in front of us. As he moved we would just make sure the sun was in line. We got to 1300 yards then to 800. I told him if we get to 500 I am good. Well to 509 and Eli says we can get closer as he really hasn’t seen us yet. So at 335 we set up. Takes me a minute to set my tripod with a clamp and sit down. Left hand and left eye is getting easier! Finally I tell Eli I am good. Wait a few moments for him to get mostly broadside and I shoot.
We wait for Eli’s friend Rory to show up as he was watching from 2 miles out. Then we walk up to him. I am in no way an antelope guy. This was my 4th. But I had never seen one this big. Rory told me I had no idea what I had here. And I didn’t. He was more massive than anything I had every seen.
3A017119-2C8E-4C96-A37F-05C7E3AD98C8.jpeg
E2144266-88EA-4508-A5BE-F6B6073B0E17.jpeg
028D54F5-7731-47C7-A286-9080B7E423F3.jpeg
5D67E154-CC83-4D8B-A566-D430A4764934.jpeg
7E5B3D23-C855-4B83-BCBB-BC207D5BFFD0.jpeg

His head was giant! Was pretty cool to shoot something that big. I know I do not appreciate this buck as much as I should. But getting him and the excitement of Eli and Rory makes me want to hunt them again. And I just may.
7 5/8 under the prong and 15 4/8.
Pretty cool.
85 2/8
Now I need to figure out what to do with my max elk points. I am open to suggestions.
128 deer
60 antelope
124 elk? ? yeah I put in every year. But I need to draw next year. Problem is, so does everyone else.
Thanks for reading.

So, with questions of what Wyoming may do with the NR point system I decided to burn my max points this year. As many of you know I am paralyzed on my right side. It’s getting worse as far as getting around. So I am also trying to use up ever point I have as well. I try to get people to go with me. But that can be hard at times. All my friends hunt too!
I also am trying to give myself a guided hunt every year as the time is short that I can still get around like I can now.
So I got in contact with a few outfitters and chose Eli with Pronghorn Guide Service.
Great guy. We had a blast. He asked me if I would shoot one the first day. Well I guided for 15 years. It was always tough when you scout a bunch, find a shooter and your hunter tells you he doesn’t want to kill the first few days. I get it, but I know you take your Opportunity the second you can on big stuff. So I told Eli I had no problem with that.
Started glassing at first light. He of course had found a shooter goat. And we headed in that direction. I could not believe the number of elk out in the flat desert. Some decent bulls too. And tons of stupid horses.
Found the target buck about an hour into light at just over a mile. Luckily he was only with 1 other buck. We waited for a bit as there were tons of antelope around. But they cleared out. Pretty flat with 6” sage here and there. So we got the sun at our back and kept the buck right in front of us. As he moved we would just make sure the sun was in line. We got to 1300 yards then to 800. I told him if we get to 500 I am good. Well to 509 and Eli says we can get closer as he really hasn’t seen us yet. So at 335 we set up. Takes me a minute to set my tripod with a clamp and sit down. Left hand and left eye is getting easier! Finally I tell Eli I am good. Wait a few moments for him to get mostly broadside and I shoot.
We wait for Eli’s friend Rory to show up as he was watching from 2 miles out. Then we walk up to him. I am in no way an antelope guy. This was my 4th. But I had never seen one this big. Rory told me I had no idea what I had here. And I didn’t. He was more massive than anything I had every seen.
View attachment 86808View attachment 86809View attachment 86811View attachment 86810View attachment 86812
His head was giant! Was pretty cool to shoot something that big. I know I do not appreciate this buck as much as I should. But getting him and the excitement of Eli and Rory makes me want to hunt them again. And I just may.
Pretty cool.
85 2/8
Now I need to figure out what to do with my max elk points. I am open to suggestions.
128 deer
60 antelope
124 elk? ? yeah I put in every year. But I need to draw next year. Problem is, so does everyone else.
Thanks for reading.
Congrats on an awesome goat!

Stud of a buck. Congrats and I hope unit 124 calls your name next year, or maybe you'll end up in 100 and shoot one close to where your antelope fell.

View attachment 86808View attachment 86809View attachment 86811View attachment 86810View attachment 86812
Pretty cool.
85 2/8
128 deer
60 antelope
Thanks for reading.
Super antelope !! Congratulations ???! I hunted with Eli & Tony many years ago in Utah.
They do a great job no matter the state or situation. You chose well !
Jerry Gold in Windsor, Colorado

Very nice buck, good write up, nice photos. What more could one ask for!! Congratulations.
Let’s see your WY128 muledeer

Pretty cool.
85 2/8
128 deer
60 antelope
Thanks for reading.
That is my dream antelope! Huge prongs, great mass, super symmetrical with ivory tips!!!! Congrats!

Did they already have this buck scouted out, or was this the first time you/they saw it. With all the scouting pictures he has posted they usually have a few great bucks picked out.

That might be the prettiest goat I have ever seen. Congrats on overcoming your challenges and taking a trophy of a lifetime!

Dang congratulations on the goat and the buck both amazing animals, did you have max antelope points that you burned on this area ?

Congrats! That’s one of the prettiest Antelope I’ve ever seen! It looks like they’re taking some really nice bucks this year. I may have to book a hunt with them.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom