MY ALASKAN ADVENTURES! (photos)

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
First let me give thanks to Brian!!!
WHAT A SURPRISE!!!This forum will ROCK!
Those of you that know me, know that I am an Alaskan FREAK!!
I was hopelessley addicted after my first trip back in '88!
here are photos of my hunts in the "Great Land"
harryhunter50103-22.jpg

This is a photo of my first Alaskan Big Game animal,an interior grizzly. I was hunting in south central Alaska near Glennallen.
I hunted 17 days and took him on the last day. I was heart broke after we tracked and lost a couple of 9ft monsters (winded us)
harryhunter50103-12.jpg

This is one of the 9footers that escaped us on that hunt in '96 The guide went after him with his son and they got him. A real monster for an interior bear!
harryhunter50103-3.jpg

This was my next Alaskan trophy.Barren Ground Caribou.
In '98 I went back up on a self guided caribou huntwith a friend that lives in Eagle River Alaska. We took four great bulls in two days! One of my most enjoyable hunts!
harryhunter50103-9.jpg

This was the other bull I took on the first day.
harryhunter50103-19.jpg

This is one of two wolves I took after my caribou hunt.
unfortunatley,I didn't have my camera on me at the kill site,so all I have is the mount photos.He is a real prize!
harryhunter50103-1.jpg

This is probably my most prized trophy!
A 10ft 1in Kodiak Brown Bear Perfect hide,white claws and a Boone&Crockett skull!I took him in April of 2001
harryhunter50103-7.jpg

harryhunter50103-6.jpg

harryhunter50103-8.jpg

That was an AWESOME hunt backpacking into the mountains of Kodiak Island!
I am booked for a Dall Sheep hunt next year and really want a big moose too!...Yes it is ADDICTING!

HARRYHUNTER those are wild!!
Thanks and good luck on your next trip!
JACK!

THANK YOU!
Thanks for the kind words Mike!
It means a lot coming from a guy with your credentials!
I wish I could afford to commit to a moose hunt!
You have a good service!
Hope this forum takes off!
Brian picked a real good moderator for it!
H-H

Mike,
Is a caribou & fishing combo trip something that can be done? I have a couple business partners that are dedicated fly fishermen but do not hunt. I, in turn, want to hunt caribou and fish as an aside if I take a good bull. Is there a way we can all camp, hunt, and fish together? Thanks for your insights!

Jim

I believe you could do that kind of a combo and have it work out for all of you---- if you plan a hunt and plan a fishing trip.

The first thing you have to do is sort out some details: like----what "fish targets" are your buddies after----do you want a bull in velvet or hard horned---Then you can decide on what area of Alaska you need to be in and what time of the season.

Then split up your time. Plan to Hunt for x days and then fish. It is possible that you could get to do both in one place, but if you plan otherwise you will get the most out of this kind of trip.

[The caribou season is open from August 1 through April 15th.
Silvers show up early August and continue to show through early October. Rainbow and char fishing gets better from the middle of August on through till freeze up and the bulls are all hard horned by September 15th. Things are freezing up in the Brooks Range by early September. Western Alaska is a little later freezing up-- After that then you get to think about the logistics involved in getting into the country geared up properly for the mission.]

Mike McCrary
Alaska Bush Sports
http://www.alaskabushsports.com

Thats one huge huge bear!!! what did you shoot it with a cannon lol
Muley Man!

Harry:

Those pics get my mouth watering! I'm 41 and not getting any younger. I was having dinner with my lovely wife and told her I need to be dall sheep hunting somewhere in Alaska or the Yukon before I'm 50. When I told her how much it would be, she said its only money. I guess you can't put a price tag on memories.
I can't wait to be stalking my prey in the alpine heights of Alaska someday. Thanks for stirring the interest!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom