My dads Utah archery beast

tmbr_hntr

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-15 AT 03:03PM (MST)[p]After dogging him for a couple hours I was able to call him off his cows by challenging him to a fight. Because of the thick brush in the aspens and the roll of the hill I had to call him in about a 220 deg arc around my dad. The whole time he was only 25 yards out, but all he could see was his head and antlers. I kept thinking "how come he hasn't shot yet?" and kept moving around him to bring him back around. Finally he got a window at 26 yards. I never saw the bull until I walked up to him dead. I couldn't believe my eyes!

I'm going to put together a full story when I have the time. I've been hunting elk for a month now in NV, UT and OR. It was another good year for us with 3 bulls down already. He still has an OR tag, but says he's done for the year even though I know a good bull I could get him on that was with the one I shot.

1199bull1small.jpg

7679bull2small.jpg

Congratulations on an absolute beast. One of the best elk I have seen in a while. Love the brow tines. Can't wait to read the whole story.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

>Fantastic! Way to go. There is
>nothing like a Father and
>Son hunt.
>Well done! on a giant.

My father has been my only hunting partner my entire life until my son turned 12 last year. We've taken 7 bulls together in the last 2 seasons counting my sons first bull last year. He's 68. We still have a couple more great hunts before it's time to pass his torch to my son. The elk hauling torch that is ;)

>Heck of a bull! Congrats on
>the kill, but even more
>that you get to hunt
>with dad.

Only negative thing about the hunt is my son, his grandson, was there with us until the day before we killed him. He had to fly home for school and football. It would have been the memory of a lifetime for all 3 of us to be there together.

3668bull3small.jpg

Wow, congrats !!! Going to be hard to top that thing.

Although your son may not have been there when he killed it the three of you together out there will be something you all remember forever.

A true pig, That is one massive bull, Rest up and get after those Oregon bulls. Good luck in the rest of the season's.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>A true pig, That is one
>massive bull, Rest up and
>get after those Oregon bulls.
>Good luck in the rest
>of the season's.
>

Drove back from Utah the day we finished packing him out. Worked for 1 day and shot my OR bull the next AM. There was a big herd bull, but this guy raked a tree too long in front of me. I want to get my dad on the bigger bull 320ish, but he says he done for the season.

818orelk.jpg

You are definitely on a roll. Congrats again on your second bull.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

>You are definitely on a roll.
> Congrats again on your
>second bull.
>

If I could have just sealed the deal on one of the giants I was chasing in NV the week before his hunt it would have been better than last year. I ended up taking a small bull the last hour of my hunt. Not gonna post a pic of a 4x3 ;)

Wowzers! Congrats to him on a stud bull! Very nicely done sir.

He'd be a poorer man if he never saw an eagle fly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom