My Daughter drew Paunsaugunt rifle

Perfect buck and a perfect ending to a perfect father/daughter hunt. Mature mule deer bucks are the absolute best big game hunting has to offer. Wouldn’t trade that experience for another hunt anywhere in the world.

I have three sons, everyone of them have had the exact same experience as you and your daughter just had, hunting the same locations, at the same times in their lives. We each have the same memories that you just made today. Couldn’t be happier for you.

You have a beautiful daughter and she now has a beautiful mule deer buck to go with an outstanding father.

Every child, born into a hunting family, should get to have the same experience. There is no better way to preserve the hunting tradition for many year into the future.

All the best to the 257Tony legacy.
Thanks Lumpy, it really means a lot to hear such kind words and encouragement. Seems like society has downplayed the role and importance of father's so much these days. Thanks again.

Congrats on an awesome buck for for you and your daughter!!!

My oldest two children just finished their hunter safety. Hope we can have half the fun with their tags that you two have had!

Thanks for taking us along!!!

Great job, father and daughter. This was a great thread. I’m hunting Zion right now and was following this thread since the beginning. Thanks for sharing with us.

Great job to you and your daughter Tony. This is the best hunting report that I have seen on this site in many months/years. Nothing better than hunting with your kids.
That is a great buck buck, perfect!
Please tell your daughter congratulations!

Tony
Thanks for taking us along with you and your Daughter. Congratulations to your Daughter on a great deer and a better experience and memories of the two of you!

Great job, father and daughter. This was a great thread. I’m hunting Zion right now and was following this thread since the beginning. Thanks for sharing with us.
Wondering if the deer ever showed up yet over there on the Zion? I was there the past 5 days and nothing like it was last year!!

EBF5D708-673E-4C4D-92F4-B8F99CBACC80.png

Enjoy that Ruby red! Harder to find than a big ol Muley.
Awesome buck!! Congrats! Referring to the post about ruby red squirt, (nectar of the gods) It’s starting to pop back up in utah county. The last haul I got was a year ago at Walmart in vernal where I bought 10 cases!!

Last edited:
Congratulations to your daughter and good work on your end. Out of curiosity what did her buck score I would put it close to your buck from last year with all the mass and being taller.

That’s a dandy! She did good once again! Thanks for the writeup, it was fun to live vicariously through that experience! Tell her congrats on another great animal!

Heck ya. Now both you and your daughter are happy…….. we know how that works…….. and not a dang thing wrong with it either.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom