My first buck

This is a story of my first muzzy buck. Me and my dad were up above this canyon that we were glassing. We found a nice 3 point that I was for sure I wanted. We hiked to this spot and we were looking for him again

Most of this canyon was very thick. We lost the 3 point in the thick trees and decided to move a bit forward to get a better look at the whole canyon

We found this group of bucks. They were in a little group of trees feeding. There was a big 2 point a spike by 2 and a little forky. We watched for a little while for them to pop out so i could get a shot. We heard a bunch of rustling on the other side of the canyon. We saw a little glimpse of the buck and it was a big heavy 3 point.

We lost him and just kept waiting. About 3 minutes later the spike by 2 steps out and I didn't want to take him. Then we here more rustling but it was closer. Then we see the big heavy 3 point pop out. Unfortunately we couldn't get him to stop running. By now I was pretty bummed. Again we saw a buck come out and it was the big 2 point. My dad said do you want to take and I said yes. I shot and SMOKED him. I thought I missed but apparently I didn't. We then went to look for him and 40 yards later we found h piled up.

I loved this hunt because it was on the first day and in the first couple hours of daylight.
362.jpeg
363.jpeg
355.jpeg

Awesome buck and great story. Keep after them. You will kill plenty more but none will be any more special than him.

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom