My Hunt now without Trail Cams

Their & Their Jake!:D

The general non hunting public are not paying that close of attention. They know very little about hunting and most likely do not care. The people that do care and are paying attention already hate hunting and it doesn't matter what we did there minds are already made up. Hunting is bad in there eyes period.

I didn't state it proves hunting is unethical nor did I say I think hunting is unethical. I stated "This regulation proves to the general non hunting public that hunting and hunters is/are unethical."
The general public knows very little about hunting. When they see trail cameras outlawed the believe them to be unethical.
First of all cameras aren’t outlawed, there just being regulated with a season date. Not sure if this would make it ethical or unethical in your “non hunting public’s” mind or not. But who cares!! Like Jake said they already have there minds up about hunting anyway.

Since “this regulation proves to the general non hunting public that hunting and hunters is/are unethical” and you are a hunter this makes you unethical in there eyes, right?? How do you propose hunters change that perception to get these votes you speak of??

First of all cameras aren’t outlawed, there just being regulated with a season date. Not sure if this would make it ethical or unethical in your “non hunting public’s” mind or not. But who cares!! Like Jake said they already have there minds up about hunting anyway.

Since “this regulation proves to the general non hunting public that hunting and hunters is/are unethical” and you are a hunter this makes you unethical in there eyes, right?? How do you propose hunters change that perception to get these votes you speak of??

Whenever you engage in any type of political debate around hunting, you should realize that you're not trying to convince the population that already made up their minds.

You hoping a few who haven't are listening.

So what sounds better to them?

'Ya, we as hunters are are trying to create fair chase, that gives the animal at least a more fair chance"

Or

"Anything goes. There should be no limit to the tech we use"

You won't convince PETA. You might convince folks who don't really think about these things.

This camera debate has been fascinating to read. I’ve never had or used a game cam so this is all new to me. I wonder if some hunted before the introduction of those cameras or did they just start hunting after those cameras were invented. Harvesting animals without a camera is not as hard as some may think. Then again if it’s legal I have no issue with it.

This camera debate has been fascinating to read. I’ve never had or used a game cam so this is all new to me. I wonder if some hunted before the introduction of those cameras or did they just start hunting after those cameras were invented. Harvesting animals without a camera is not as hard as some may think. Then again if it’s legal I have no issue with it.
This generation, cams were under the Christmas tree along with their first Red Ryder ?

Slam shot both his eyes out. He's blind to the realities of a trail camera.
Lol.....ole Wiffy, you're quite a character.

You even come from the land that has the most cameras per square mile, complain that there's no big bucks there anymore and say I AM blind to the realities of cameras??
Knee slapping, face hurting laughing here!??

I've remember hunting the Pauns in the good old days. Find a water hole, check the tracks out, find a high point and glass, cross a really big fresh track and trail it. Then came one camera, then two, then eight. Then came one guide going forty miles a hours down the sandy roads, to check each camera, then came two guides going fifty miles a hours to check the cameras, then eight guides and you better watch out or they will run you over.

This is just one small fraction of our evolution of deer hunting. There is the under controlled predator problems, more ill-advised deer control, longer hunts, better guns and equipment, etc, etc.

Oh how a yearn for the old days, 25-35 lever action Winchester, the deer in the high country until the second week of the deer hunt. deer everywhere. saw-dust and skull mounts so very few hunters had one mounted. Everyone was out there for a good time not the biggest deer on the mountain. It was a family event. No guides, very little trespassing. I could write on and on, but why.

One Passive Angry Deer Hunter

I've remember hunting the Pauns in the good old days. Find a water hole, check the tracks out, find a high point and glass, cross a really big fresh track and trail it. Then came one camera, then two, then eight. Then came one guide going forty miles a hours down the sandy roads, to check each camera, then came two guides going fifty miles a hours to check the cameras, then eight guides and you better watch out or they will run you over.

This is just one small fraction of our evolution of deer hunting. There is the under controlled predator problems, more ill-advised deer control, longer hunts, better guns and equipment, etc, etc.

Oh how a yearn for the old days, 25-35 lever action Winchester, the deer in the high country until the second week of the deer hunt. deer everywhere. saw-dust and skull mounts so very few hunters had one mounted. Everyone was out there for a good time not the biggest deer on the mountain. It was a family event. No guides, very little trespassing. I could write on and on, but why.

One Passive Angry Deer Hunter
I bet the Native Americans said the same thing. We hunted with bow to feed and clothe and shelter our families and out of nowhere one day here came this white man with his smoke pole who killed all of our Buffalo on top of horses that wore saddles, and used looking glass for long distance stalking and killing and they kept coming and their smoke poles improved to fire sticks and kept improving every year and they killed all the beaver and bear and anything that moved in the name of conquering our land and putting us on reservations to starve to death and so on and so on. I bet it went something like that. Technology is going nowhere, we all just have to adjust and adapt just like everybody did that came before us. You make good points, I feel your frustration.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom