My little Brother

Nocohunter

Hey all, my little bro (13) is just starting to get into hunting. I want him to start getting out side more but I am having trouble with that. I want to get him out this year for turkey but he's not willing to hike and wait for a shot.

So I was wondering if anyone has some private land or decent spot for turkey where he could get some instant gratification without the hiking and waiting. I want to get him into hunting but the last few times gave been a bust and he's a bit discouraged.
My hopes are that if o can get him on a turkey with ease it'll get that inner spark for hunting in him and get him off that x box. I'd even be willing to pay a small trespass fee.

Thanks!

Hunting is about just that...hunting. Instant gratification won’t do him any favors. When work is involved, the payoff is that much more sweet. If he really wants to hunt (and not just kill something), then he will put in time with you (or another mentor), learn a bit about the outdoors, animal behaviors, and how rewarding the outdoors can be. If he isn’t ready to put in time, then he may not be old enough yet to hunt (but don’t take him on an o-dark-30 death march either). ;)

Target shooting is fun, and a great way to see positive results when time is put into a task.

Take a new hunter on an antelope hunt....always seeing game.... the game is always on pretty pleasant weather and a great chance for success

Good try...and some good advice taking him on a rabbit or antelope hunt. Take him fishing?! The bite is on and easy access to good water all over. Colorado turkeys are tough and there is no such thing as small trespass fees any more son.

Get him a doe antelope tag. Not being willing to work for something is the problem with a lot of today’s youth.

Last edited:
Better yet drive a little north into Wyoming and get him 2 or 3 doe antelope tags. I can't think of an easier big game hunt than that.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom